Ch4: Sacrifice (Edited)

"Hehehe nice shot." Serena giggles at the site of Nappa hopping around trying to fan the burn between his shoulder blades. The tips of Piccolo's panting mouth twitched upward for a second hearing her melodic voice but stopped quickly shoving the confusing feelings down.

"BWAA HAHA! Having trouble Nappa!" Vegeta shook with laughter at the scene.

"The Earth doesn't go down easily." Piccolo growled through clenched teeth, forcing himself to balance his weak body.

"You stupid freak! Now you've made me more mad." Nappa barked, "I took it easy on you because we want you to tell us where those dragon balls are! But now.." He was huffing and puffing so hard and the veins on his bald head were showing.

Suddenly, there was an immense spike of energy felt only by those who had felt this energy before. "What is this feeling?" Piccolo stuttered, whipping his head both ways. "It's like a tremendous power is approaching from afar."

"I feel it too.." A smile wiggled onto Gohan's face. "It's huge but it's familiar."

Serena turned her head in the direction the energy was being felt, and Piccolo could hear her faintly whisper "Goku.."

'So, she does know him.' A surge of jealousy ran through him at the thought of what her relationship with his rival could be, but then he wondered if since she knew Goku was that the reason she didn't try harming them. Did she know Gohan, too? If she was just staying out of the fight for Goku reasons, then why was she flirting with him? Why did blood rush to his cheeks whenever she claimed to want him as a pet? What was this woman doing to him...

"Your tricks are getting tiring." Nappa yelled, since he wasn't sensing anything.

"It's no trick, it's Goku, He's coming!" Piccolo smirked, "I should have known that fool would make us wait."

"Daddy! Daddy's coming." Gohan cheered with excitement.

"They seem to have the power to detect Chi." Vegeta concluded, tinkering with his scouter. "Let's see-?!"

"Vegeta, are they serious?" Nappa asked seeing the horrified expression on his face.

"I don't know if it's really Kakarrot but he'll be here in four minutes." He informed. "With a power level of 5000!!"

"5000! But how that's impossible?"

Piccolo was enjoying how traumatized the male Saiyans were. "Heh, I do believe your brother and his partner are actually worried." He told Serena, who remain at his side since he had yet to strike at her. Both strangely feeling at ease in each other's presence.

"Oh, someone's cocky." Serena teased, poking the bulging muscles on his arm. "And of course, they are. Some people are just so melodramatic." The green man snorted at her words, concerning how he had been observing her this whole time. He'd say she was the melodramatic one.

"Nappa! Kill those weaklings now!" Vegeta commanded, causing the pair to tense along with Gohan and Krillin. "Their help could actually make Kakarrot a challenge, but their corpses might shake him up."

"What?!" Piccolo hissed, sharing a worried glance with Serena.

"But brother, you said I could keep the Namekian." She argued, trying to keep Piccolo alive long enough to form a hopefully this time successful plan to save Gohan and Krillin.

"I said 'maybe' and I don't think you want him as just a pet anymore." His glare caused the pinkette to flinch. Vegeta had been watching his sister's interaction with the Namekian Slug and it disgusted him. He'd never let his baby sister be with such a lesser, lower life form.