Ch 14: Ugly

"Uh guys?" Krillin said gathering our attention from the Nut-Job-Bulma, to another Saiyan ship rocketing through the sky in Vegeta's direction.

'Oh brother, who'd you piss off now?' I internally groan.

"Please tell me, that was Vegeta's ship again." Bulma stutters, taking our silence as a no and collapsing onto her knees. "This may be the most depressing day of my life."

"Yeah today isn't starting off so great." Krillin sighed, turning to me. "Do you know who that second ship was, Serena?"

"I can't say for sure. A lot of Frieza's lackies use Saiyan technology." I shrugged, "Plus, my brother and I aren't the most popular among them."

"What are we to do now?" Gohan asked.

"Stop being Debby Downers for one." I crossed my arms, disappointed in how easily hopeless humans become. "Second we need to continue with the plan."

"Serena's right, I'll return to Earth to get Goku and you stay here to get the Dragon Balls." She stepped back with each word. "You can do it. See ya in 2 months." She turned to make a run for it.

"Hold it Bulma." Krillin stopped, making me believe he was going to do the whole 'we a team' speech and 'we in it to win it together' but no. Instead suggested, "Why don't we go too."

"Excuse you?" I loomed over him, tilting my head with a dark smile.

"I mean enemy ships have landed so the odds are against us." Krillin gulped, shrieking smaller, if possible, in my presence. "I mean I'm not scare or anything, but Gohan's mom would kill me if something bad happened."

"But if we leave then Vegeta will get all the Dragon Balls." Gohan argued, making me happy that at least someone had a spine around here.

"Also don't we need to bring my pet-your friends back?" I added, avoid Gohan's eyes since he was the only one to catch my correction.

"We can do that in a year and besides what's the big deal about letting Vegeta having them."

I pretended to think, tapping my chin. "I don't know maybe all the shit he'll fuck up being the most powerful (Genie?). That might be a big deal."

"Oh right." Krillin said flatly.

"Hey someone's coming." Gohan suddenly alerted us, forcing Krillin and I to put our guards up.

"Ahh! Is it Vegeta?" Bulma squealed, hiding behind me and gripping my shoulders to use me as a human shield.

"No, the energy is too low." Krillin told her.

"Then who are they?"

"Defintinly not peaceful Namekians." I said narrowing my eyes on the two figures above us. "Judging by their battle armor they're apart of Frieza men." My body went into a cold sweat. 'If they're here does that mean so is he?'

There was no time to be thinking that since the two jagoffs fired at our ship and blew up the front of it, dick fucking move assholes.

"I'm sorry did we destroy your ship?" The purple dinosaur one mocked.

"Hey, look it's the princess." The blue redneck one pointed a fat finger at me, causing Gohan and Krillin to step in front of me. "We heard you were dead."

"We should have known Vegeta was lying." Barnie clicked his tongue, before giving me a cruel smile. "Frieza will be pleased to see you princess." The color in my face paled a little.

"Please to kill." The bounty hunter adds with a gross laugh.

"Yes, ha ha very clever." I said, swallowing my fears.

"Okay that's enough." Krillin said not liking how they were treating me, he nods to Gohan who nods back. Their bodies vanish and teleport behind the enemy, delivering a swift kick to their heads when they were in mid-insult. The force of their kicks sent the lackies into the lake's waters.

"You boys used my moves, I'm so proud." I chirped, throwing my arms around them once they stood on land. They took the pride in the comment and puffed their chest with chipper smirks.

"Don't look so happy!" Bulma shouts, stomping her feet. "Our poor ship is destroyed, now how are we going to get back home!" She kneeled to collect the shattered glass, piece it together but it only broke in more shards. "Ugh! We're going to be stuck here for eternity!"

"Well we need to get out of here before more of those guys come." Krillin said, him and Gohan gathering our things out of the ship. Gohan was carrying one bag thank Kami.

"Don't worry Bulma if we find some Namekians they'll help us rebuild it. I promise we won't be stuck here." The little angel tried comforting her, placing her bag next to her and handing me mine.

"Alright." She mumbled, staring down at the broken pieces.

"He's right we'll find a way." Krillin encouraged.

"We just have to keep our cool." Gohan pressed, "It's one of the first things Piccolo taught me, never panic."

"Yeah sure easy for you to say." She snapped, leading her to sob again. It was becoming rather irritating.

"Bulma!" I hissed, grabbing her by the shoulders to look directly at me. "Your shitty crying is making you ugly. Do you wanna be ugly?" She shook her head furiously. "Then get off your ass and stop it."

"Okay." She sniffled, standing to her booted feet.

"Good, Krillin lead the way." I said, tossing him Bulma's bag since her zombie form couldn't hold it. "This is going to be a long trip." I sighed, watching them walk ahead of me. My ears twitched at quiet ripples of water. Over my shoulders the two lackies weakly holding on to the lake's edge. Holding my left hand into a peace sign, I shifted it downwards and shot two beams between their eyes. The corpse sunk like brinks in the waters. Not feeling alone, I looked at the readers with a risen brow saying "What? Don't judge me they were going to report me."

"Serena what's wrong?" Gohan called, noticing I wasn't following.

"Yeah, what's the hold up?" Krillin hollered.

"Nothing, I'm coming." I said trailing after them. 'I really hope Frieza isn't here and I hope Vegeta's alright.'