Ch 9: No My Ship (Edited)

"We can bring Kami back to live?" Mr. Popo almost split the tea he was pouring for me as we sat at a little table with a variety of sweets laid out in front of us. I was now in my human form dressed in the female version of his clothing since mine didn't shrink with my cat form.

"Yup, my brother was talking about it before he abandoned me here. Although, I guess abandoned isn't the right word because that is used for when one is in danger but still." I cut my rumbling, "He mentioned there were more Dragon Balls on planet Namek where Kami is from. Maybe we can use one of the pods my brother's brute and I came in since Vegeta took off in his." I then realized the flaw in this plan. "Shit the remote is gone to find them."

"They might be on the news after the commotion you made arriving here." Mr. Popo suggested, snapping his fingers and with a proof a tiny TV flowed between us. On it displayed an image of a reporter talking about the men behind him working on what the pods were.

"There they are! In the same place we left them I'll just go and-" I stopped at the site of Nappa's pod exploding. "Okay then I'll just use mine-" But the same thing happens to mine and hope is replaced with rage. "Who the fuck destroyed my ship!"

"Perhaps, Goku and his friends picked up your lost remote."

"That would make sense to why they were dumb enough to destroy both." I sighed, taking a bite of strawberry shortcake. "But now we're all screwed, and we'll never get to Namek and revive Piccolo." I then met Mr. Popo's confused gaze and quickly corrected myself. "I mean Kami."

"Actually, there is one other ship." He said. "Kami told me about it long ago and it may help us."

"Brilliant Mr. Popo. However, we need Goku and probably his friends I guess to help us, which they will since they lost some of their own friends." I said, eating the last of my cake, then hopped to my feet. "Mr. Popo to the flying carpet to find Goku and strangle whoever destroyed my ship."

"Serena." His tone was very disapproving.

"Sorry, I meant Bitch slap." I could feel his disapproving mother stares on me as I sat on the edge of the carpet. "Fine just a bone chilling glare." That was good enough for him.

My legs kicked back and forth while I watched the grassland morph into the concrete one in the city as we flew over towards to hospital where everyone was at.

Midflight, Mr. Popo spoke his thoughts. "Serena, if you don't mind me asking why you were concerned about Piccolo?"

A blush painted my ears. "I wasn't." He rose an invisible brow at my denial. "Or I was because I have a crush on him and wanted him as a pet." I mumbled, pulling my knees to my chest.

"A crush on someone so cruel as him?"

"What can I say my daddy issues are deeply rooted." I shrugged, my lips curling into a soft smile at the thought of the green man.  "He's not cruel, sadistic probably, but Mr. Popo he gave his life for mine and Gohan. I mean if my Yata heritage's love at first sight didn't kick in then he's bravery would have cupid's arrow hitting me."

"Yata's love at first sight?" He blinked, never hearing such a thing.

"Yeah remember how I am not only of Saiyan blood but of Yatian blood too." He nods slowly, though he was still clueless to what a Yataian was. "They're basically magic cat people, but anyways, we mate for life and you know who your mate is at first sight it doesn't matter who saw who first."

"So, you and Piccolo are bonded for life now?"

"Mmhm according to the universe (and lazy author)."

THIRD POV