Ch 11: Weak for Cutie(edited)

After our exciting trip to Juniper and establishing that the ship does indeed work, Bulma called her father at Capsule Corp to haul it over to their workshop. I was honestly impressed by how Earth's technology functioned, but it was a different formula for the ship I designed for the Saiyans. Although I still didn't really want to help because I still didn't like Bulma, yet her father seemed like a nice man, which is why I volunteered to sit beside him as he tinkered with the control panel. I advised him on what does what and where goes where, much to Bulma's displeasure because when she asks for my help I just ignore her saying the black cat, Scratches, needed my attention while Mr. Briefs was working. And Scratches is way too cute not to play with, so sorry (not) Perky.

~Skip to the hospital~

"So, I figure if the ship holds up we can reach Namek in less than a month." Bulma informs standing at the front for everyone to gather around and for Cocoon Goku to see. "I still have some repairs to make but I say we can leave in the next five days."

"Wonderful." Mr. Popo clapped his hands happily.

"And I thought we'd never get the Dragon Balls back good job." Krillin said, feeling hopeful again.

"Yes, congratulations Bulma. You saved the day." Roshi praised.

Bulma blushed, and modestly pointed to Mr. Popo to the right of her and Serena leaning casually against the wall. "Well, Serena helped with her alien tech knowledge and Mr. Popo found the ship and with their help I'll find the Dragon Balls in no time."

"I can't go with you." Mr. Popo said shooting Bulma's down.

"Same." Serena added, wanting to see how much farther Bulma's mood could fall.

"What! Why?" The bluette screeched.

"I can't abandon the Lookout for 2 weeks, I'm sorry." He apologized, and Bulma moved her gaze to Serena, whose face was blank, but those golds were shining mischievously.

"I just still don't like you." This gain a snort or two from Goku and Krillin.

Bulma remained flabbergasted, "B-but I can't go without your Namekian knowledge and alien tech. This mission depended on you guys."

"Don't worry Bulma we'll figure it out. Mr. Popo can teach you the Namkian words you need." Krillin told her, trying to keep positive vibes.

"Also, Serena is still available to help you with the ship." Goku threw in, catching the pinkette off guard and bringing some relieve to Bulma. Everyone was relieved Serena was joking about not going, when really she wasn't joking and she refused to go. She didn't have to use her telepathy to protest Goku's words because her glare said it all, but Goku wasn't backing down as he fought with a glare of his own.

"I guess but I don't wanna be alone with her so who's coming?"

Serena tore her eyes from Goku and hisses at Bulma. "Rude, which is why I'm not going."

"Wow, don't jump all at once guys." Bulma pouted, ignoring Serena completely. Her back turned to the half Saiyan girl, unaware of her being held back by Mr. Popo as to not pounce on the human.

"Well, I ain't getting in that tin can especially with a cookie thief." Yajirobe huffed, scowling at a calmer Serena sticking her tongue out at him.

"They didn't want you with them anyways." The floating cat sassed, bopping Yajirobe on the head with his cane.

"Hmm, all that time with Bulma and another pretty lady, sign me up!" Roshi pretended to think before exclaiming. "It'll be a trip of a lifetime!"

"Watch it, old man." The girls sneered.