XVII

Please ignore all mistakes...

XVII.

HE finally picked up the package totally ignoring the person standing in front of him, Kimberly huffed and left his office rushing back to her to her desk, that man is hard to crack. He'd just been ignoring her and giving her less and less information she needed. Picking up her phone she dialed Martha's number as she went to a more secluded area which the camera didn't reach.

"Hello boss".
"Beverly I hope it's good news you are calling to tell me about" Martha's voice came from the other side of the phone.
Kimberley's real name Beverly Hudson who was hired by Martha to get information from Claude that she could use against him and over throne him from his position.
Claude was no ordinary man, his father and him are well known in the underworld. No one messed with them because it was believed if you do and you are caught either you go missing or found dead, his father's company was also among the top richest companies in the seven cities including the capital city. The gold city, Caprice city, A'lan city , Yang city, Leone city, Vale city, the Sunna city,then the capital. Their company was a cover for their underground smuggling of weapons to various countries and cities.

"Donna I haven't been able access some of his files but he received a suspicious package that had no return address just only his name was written in front of the package" Beverly said.
"Then have you given it to him yet?" Martha asked. Beverly swallowed she hadn't thought of checking the package and she would have a death sentence if she said she didn't check so she decided to lie.
"The receptionist brought it up and when I had told the old hag to give me since I was his secretary she refused and we were arguing, Claude came out of his office and took it from her so I couldn't look through the package but I also couldn't see a return address " she said. It was half true but the part of her boss coming out to collect the package was a full blown lie, she just hope that Martha would believe her.
"Then why did you call me?" Martha snapped causing Beverly to flinch. This woman had a lot of issues, rolling her eyes she decided to tell her another reason for calling.
"We still haven't found Skye, it's like he disappeared. From the address I got last time I noticed that there was no movement in or out of the house, it even looks abandoned, so I plan on going inside to check it out" Beverly said.
"It's just one human, it's not like he was a mosquito or something of that sort that he would just vanish from prison, I stationed all of you to monitor him. Should I do it by myself Beverly?" Martha growled at how her men have suddenly become incompetent.
" sorry Donna" Beverly said in a low voice while Martha just snorted.
"Make sure to find him and clean every trace of your incompetence, I'm sure that goodie goodie would meet his husband to present his case of being innocent, so when you see him finish your mistakes. Got it?"
"Yes Donna"
" okay hang up I'm busy"
"Mn"
Beverly sighed looking Around before adjusting her clothes then rushed back to her desk.

Meanwhile Claude checked the package he received looking for the return address to know who had sent it to him and from where?, after shaking it he finally opened it to see a book in it, when he picked up the book a letter was found below it.
Who could this letter be from? Dropping the book first he decided to read the letter first.
A letter of resignation?
His eyes widened this means she wasn't ever coming back to the company, not that he expected her back after what he had done to her. Fortunately enough she neither charged him for assault nor did she as ask for an insanely large amount of money, it's not like he won't be able to pay but he was confused with her total disappearance.
Sighing he had no other option but to accept the resignation, looking back at the book. "Where the chips lay" by Zurich vendetta . He hummed wondering why she had given him this book and she wasn't even the author, deciding to just glance through and see why she had sent him this.
Few hours into reading the book he noticed some words in the few chapters he had read were circled. Mr Adrien Claude's father walked in, the older of the two men cleared his throat in order to get his son's attention. Snapping out of his thought after hearing the throat clearing, he looked up dazed to see his father staring at him with a raised brow.
"Oh hey dad, when did you arrive?"
"About six to seven minutes ago but who's counting?" Mr Adrien sat down relaxing his body on the comfortable chair, he was about to continue talking when he noticed his son was reading a novel. When was the last time his son had interest in novel. That was like a million never I mean never years.
Taking the book from his son's desk he looked at the hard cover of the book. "Hm where the chips lay?" He looked at his son his question showing in his eyes.
"Elena the assistant I told you about sent it to me with her resignation later" he answered.
"I see and why are you so immersed in each page of this book?" Adrien said as he set the book on the table between them. Claude was quiet at first as he finally wanted to tell his father his plans, and what he felt after reading over thirteen chapters of the book.
"Dad I have decided to investigate more on Skye's case, from reading this book tho I'm not even close to the middle of the book. It made me feel like it was all written from Skye's point of view and when you read chapter twelve you would notice that the event that had occurred is very similar to that of Skye and I"
He started reading the chapter to his father. 'Janine's mother and sister in law and best friend Cruella had come to visit in the absence of her husband who was at his office.
Smiling her mother in law told her to bring her grand children since she had not seen them for almost a month. Janine had just finished serving them drinks including her own when her mother in law said she needed to see her grand babies. Innocently she left to her children's room not know her drink was being poisoned by Cruella with her in laws watching her do it.
" oh my Yin and Yang, bring them to me" her mother law said happily as the two children were given to her. As soon as Janine sat to pick up her drink her children left their grandmother and aunt to seat on their mother's.
"Mama juice" her daughter held unto her mother's cup while her twin brother wanted out of their mother's cup, seeing nothing wrong with her children taking out of her cup she gave it to them. On seeing this they so called visitors made excuses and fled the scene.
He continued to read the chapter to his father who kept thinking about it, indeed it sounds exactly what his son did when he had heard Skye was the criminal.

"Hm this sounds just like what happened to you but about the mother and daughter and daughter's friend fleeing the scene?" He left the thought hanging.
"If you read through chapter six how our first date occurred was written there from our conversation it was exactly the same, I feel weird reading this book and feeling like Skye was trying to tell me something even though the book is talking about a heterosexual couple." Adrien looked at his son and nodded if it was as his son believes then they should ask the butler and the maids about that year.
"Dad I think we should start as soon as possible " Claude said as he got off from his chair and started walking to the door after picking the book and his coat. His father laughed following his son out after he locked everything with a security code.
"Why don't you read the book till the end then start searching?" He asked his son who canceled the thought.
"It's better I see if it really related to Skye's case then if it's true I would go straight to prison and set him free he can beat me up slap me but he shouldn't ignore me. That would just kill me" he said as they had already entered the car. His father just smiled at his son's eagerness he was really wishing his son had done this five years ago.

Sasha told her brother she would deliver his resignation to Claude's company in disguise without any return address so that they won't be able to locate Skye or her, but she knew why she was delivering it personally. She delivered it with her brother's book hoping to get something out of it.
Sasha was biting her nails in anticipation, she hoped he would take the bait by reading through the book instead of doing what Skye want. Skye didn't know her and their father also sent a hard copy of his book along with the so called Elena's resignation letter. Skye sat beside her with his head on her shoulder.
"Sasha why are you looking anxious, what's wrong?" He signed. Sasha rubbed her brother's hair lovingly, she knew she couldn't tell Skye what she did because she did it hoping that Claude would notice all the letters she had circled in the book. She knew he was the only one who can make this her plan work against that rat thinking she is a tiger, at the last page of the book she glued a copy of Skye's and Tyler's DNA test so eventually he would see it. On that same page she wrote a secret message for when he saw the test he would check all the letters she had circled and combine them.
"Oh nothing Skye, just thinking of how we could get Tyler together with you"
"I can't take him from his father but I can only hope to still be in his life as me and no one else, I don't want to be Elena, Esmeralda but I want to be Skye symòne" he signed after sitting up straight and looked at his sister. This is why Skye was too good for this world, she believed if she wasn't around to protect him he might not survive in the real world, taking the fact he was arrested for something he knew nothing of as an example. If only she could hide him away from the heartlessness of human, but she knew she couldn't do it for he was a grown man. She was happy that even after all this things he had suffered he didn't blacken.
"you are too kind Skye, but I love you this way" she said hugging him tightly all she was hoping for was things should get better soon enough.

Please vote and comment...
Thus this chapter is dedicated to my lovely readers...
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCHHHHH (つ≧▽≦)つ(~ ̄³ ̄)~