XXVII

Please ignore all mistakes.

XXVII

Adrian Chevalier stood from his seat to welcome his close friend Mr. Thompson his son's father in law, he knew his friend has a crazy hatred for his son now so he never raised his son's name in any of their conversations unlike in the past.

His friend called him suddenly early this morning asking if they could meet in his (Adrian) office, when has his friend even asked to see him. His friend usually just asked if he was free and by the he was already coming up to his office so why was today different.

They both shakes hands firmly instead of the side hugs, and went straight to business instead of cursing at each other's old age fight who was older than the other or who still had his youthful looks.

"Mr. Chev..."

"Stop there Thompson when did we suddenly become formal calling our selves mister?" Adrian raised a brow looking at his friend who showed him no emotions unlike his goofy response like before.

"Chevalier let's not pretend that your son didn't hurt mine, I'm here for a different thing by the way so let's..."

"Thompson yes my son hurt yours just like we all hurt him, let's not go ahead pointing fingers so we can't feel much guilt. Yes my son hurt yours but you also hurt him too. Let's face it we all contributed in his suffering for what he didn't do" Adrian said relaxing his back on his comfortable office chair, his son was the CEO he was just here to supervise some important things.

Mr Thompson knew his old friend was right, the truth was he couldn't get over the fact that he had let his wife convince him to let the son pay for the crime he didn't commit. He wanted to turn back the hands of time and bail his son then things won't be as complicated as it was now.

"Thompson let's just work together to help Skye not fight each other, fire doesn't quench fire instead it burns everything in its path till nothing remains." He said watching his friend who sighed and nodded showing him his usual smile.

"So what brought you here?" Adrian asked. Thompson's smile became stiff and it fell off his face.

"It's about your daughter " he said hesitating. He didn't know if he should explain or just pass him the flash drive he had placed her confession plus the bodily injury.

"I know what she did, I don't even know we're she disappeared to for the past five years".

"You weren't worried about her absence?" He asked curiously looking at his friend's calm face.

"I am worried for her but she only spoke to her mother in whispers and never asks of her father, I believe she should be ok since she always kept in contact with her mother "

"Well I think this would change your mind" he said placing the flash drive before his confused friend, nodding in encouragement his friend finally connected it to his laptop then he turned on the flat screen tv placed at the side of the office and he connected it to the laptop and played the video he saw in the flash.

He saw a strange person who had a facial structure of his daughter but their cheek had sunken, the bags around the eyes of the person made them look like a person who was about to die and the usually bright eyes were dull and empty.

He was about to ask who this was when his daughter's voice interrupted him.

'This is an authentic video and recording of my confessions My name is Louisa....'

No he kept chanting no in his heart but from the story he knew it was her including her voice was a dead giveaway, his eyes were filled with I shed tears as he listened to her words. His anger he had initially held against her for deliberately breaking her brother's home through killing his grandchildren, the anger subsided almost nonexistent. His daughter was suffering all this with his wife's knowing and not doing anything, wanted to bring her back just to torture he the way his daughter suffered.

Melissa will always remain the same never changing her ways no matter how many chances he gave her, well then his long rope of patience has been burned to ashes.

After the confession he saw his daughter scars, burns and weak body on the screen he couldn't hold his tears at bay as he let them run down his cheeks. He was breathless as he tried to swallow the lump in his throat, Melissa and Martha must pay.

"Don't be afraid my daughter found her roaming at the mall and after your daughter told her she wanted to confess and rest in peace she took her home where she confessed to Sasha and Skye. Right now she is receiving treatment, hopefully she would wake up from coma today or tomorrow "

"When did you guys find her?" He was still struggling with the lump in his throat.

"About a week ago"

"Why didn't you tell me then why now," he whispered as his friend stood by his side rubbing his shoulder before answering.

"We didn't tell because your wife was in support of Martha and you might not have believed us even with the proof, so to keep her safety we waited so I can show you the video alone with no interruptions "

"I understand, thank you Thompson, I don't know what I would have done if she had died somewhere with her mother only aware of how she died. I swear they must pay"

Ring! Ring!

Looking at his phone he saw the call was from his he picked the call as fast as he could only hoping for good news.

"Hello Sasha what Is wrong?" He asked after putting the phone on Loud speaker.

"Dad Louisa has woken up" Adrian was happy to hear this as his friend told his daughter he would be there with Adrian to see his daughter. Hanging off the phone he decided to give his son a quick call but he wasn't picking up.

He could worry later about that after he makes sure his daughter was okay totally forgetting he would meet Skye today after five years.

Sorry about the short chapter.

Please vote and comment.