VIII

So I made up my mind to stop being lazy so I updated.

Please ignore all mistakes.

PAST

"Please I really need to talk to my husband " I whimper as my cheeks were stained with tears, it's been four days since I lost Mira and milo. I sat in the interrogation room as the detective rolled his eyes in annoyance, I don't understand what is going on as everything is going too fast. I keep telling them the truth but no one believes, I didn't kill my babies.

"From what I heard the children were not really yours as a DNA test has been done on the bodies of the children" he said passing a paper to my cuffed hands as I shook my head in tears. They are my kids they look exactly like me and my husband combined, what are this people saying? why are they lying?

"This is not the real result, I carried then for the full trimester so what are you playing at, they are my kids and I didn't kill them" I growled at the absurd nonsense this detective was vomiting to me.

"Oh please from our witness confession Mr. Claude had those kids before he married you since his ex wife left him and you guys had been married for only two years" he stated showing me the marriage certificate of my husband and I. I burst into laughter this is ridiculous what do he mean by married for two years and have three year old twins from my husband imaginary first wife. What was this buffalo saying.

"Please spare me the jokes dick-tective , who is this so called witness because if you ask me they have played you" I stopped chuckling as I looked up at him before adding " this marriage certificate you have is not authentic nor is it true, my husband and I have been married for over four years and my kids were born a year after our marriage "

" you amaze me with how delusional you are, according to this marriage certificate your signature is here" he showed to me again. Wait what?! It's really my signature but how I didn't sign this. Who was playing this games with me?

"Bull crap I didn't sign this, in fact I need my husband here what is this rubbish?" I said in anger first they accused me of killing my kids now they are arguing with me about my wedding anniversary. The hell, what is going on here.

The detective looked at me shaking his head before inviting my husbands lawyer into the room, thank goodness finally my husband sent someone who would defend my virtue.
"Ken finally" I sighed in relief. Ken smiled as he took his seat before bringing out a recorder, and some documents I don't know what it was till he spoke.

"I'm not your lawyer Skye, your husband asked me to get you to sign the divorce papers" I was speechless and scared, what did he mean by divorce? What was going on again?

"He also said if you didn't sign it I should play the recording of what he wants to say to you" ken didn't wait for my response as he played it.

"Skye I thought we would last for a life time but I see we were not on the same page in the lifetime thing, I trusted you with my heart and soul but you betrayed me and hurt me beyond belief." His voice broke as he seemed to be taking deep breaths. I stood sharply as I held Ken's shirt balling my fist as I growled. "Where is he, why isn't he saying this to my face?" The detective pulled me off ken as the recording continued.

" I hate that you the least person I expected to hurt me did hurt and betray me, so I'm saying this words of how much I wish we never met, of how much I hate you for hurting my children so please sign the divorce papers or else I will make sure you rot in the deepest darkest part of hell" as the recording stopped my love, hope and dreams were shattered, I couldn't breathe as I began to panic. My body moved on its own accord, picking up the recorder I smashed it to the floor as I went to attack ken. Suddenly I felt weak again as my face must have been dark red, sighing  slowly as I remembered I was pregnant and could lose my baby due to this stress I sat down as I looked at the divorce papers with tear filled eyes . If he hates me this much nothing can convince him so why not I sign, I guess this is my fate now. Dear baby I'm sorry for being worthless I hope to redeem myself in your eyes I thought to my unborn baby.

PRESENT

An hour later,

I knocked on his office door with my iPad in my hand, he is supposed to have a meeting with a law firm due to some complications between another company breaking their contract and some other things.
'Come in' I pushed the door open before walking towards him as I pressed what the app would say.
"Thanks Ms Elena, call the driver to wait for me in front" I nodded as I watched him holding his son tenderly as he rambled. As I was about to leave his office a small hand held my skirt.
"Mama?" Slowly I turned noticing how quiet the office  had become, looked at Claude who glared holes through out my body.
"Please do tell me why my son is calling you mama?" I swallowed stiffly before looking at the said child who was oblivious to the tension in the room as he gave me a toothy smile. It's not like I told his son to call me that it's just that he just started calling me that, I looked back at Claude who was standing in front of me now.
"I don't know sir maybe I look like his mom, I don't think he understands sign language for me to be able too tell him to call me mama" I signed as Claude picked up his son who began to struggle to look at me, I felt sad but I didn't show it I just stood before him as he eyed me in irritation while his son had started to cry from not been able to see me.
"Do you like your job?" He growled out, ah here is the bastard I fell for.
"Yes sir I do but I don't see how this has to do with your son calling me Mama" I signed again but sassily as I can, I didn't see what this had to do with my job as his personal assistant.
"I'm asking because I absolutely do not like my son with strangers, and you Ms Elena are a stranger so know your place" I looked at him internally rolling my eyes, stupid bastard like the maid is also not a stranger. I so want to slap him and kiss him, yes I know I'm stupid for falling for him but you can't blame me. According to my definition of love I believe love is madness you can do anything for those you love and I know what I went through with his witch of a mother and sister, what I had suffered because of them. I went to jail for a crime I know nothing of, sometimes I wish I drank the juice instead of my babies maybe death would have been better than being accused.

"Judy take Tyler home and wait for me there,and you Ms Elena prepare the file and let's go" he said handing the crying boy over to Judy the maid as he kept screaming for me, I didn't know what to do, I felt stuck and broken he kept screaming mama with grabby hands as Judy rushed off. I could feel my eyes water but I took deep breath as I don't want Claude to have the joy of seeing me cry even if he doesn't know it's me his ex husband. God I hate him so very much right now but I do know I am lying to myself.

Today was finally over as I rushed back home to see my sister preparing dinner in the kitchen as she smiled looking at me, well that was till she saw my broken look.
"What happened Kye?" She whispered while hugging me and the the flood gates broke down as she kept rubbing my back while I tried to sign.
"Shh take deep breaths honey or you will have a panic attack, good, listen to my heartbeat and relax" God I love Sasha so much, I don't know what I would do without out her. After a few minutes I had calmed down as she rushed to finish cooking. When she was done I had already showered and she served us our meal while we ate I told her everything that happened to me today and she hissed in anger.
"God I want to badly break his bones and serve it to him as calcium, stupid bastard"
" can we forget about it for now." I signed
"Since we are changing topic I just want to point out my suspicion about something " she said as she stopped eating while I gave her a go ahead.
"Tyler looks like you Kye" my cutlery fell from my hand in shock, what does she mean by that.
"What?"
"Hear me out first, he has your kind of eyes, according to you when he pouts and put on a brave face he looks like the twins. Where do you think the twins got that from?"
"Me?" I signed slowly as it seems she was right, Tyler looks like the combination of me and Claude but wait, I could just be overthinking things.
"Yes bro, he doesn't look anything like that bitch so why not you try to get a DNA sample to know?" What she said make sense but what if he's not my child that would hurt.
"Can we change the topic for now my head hurts " I signed with a whimper as she sighed while nodding as we left the topic but I could see the wheels in her head turning. After a few minutes she spoke again.
"So what do you plan to write about?" I shrugged as I continue to eat.
"Hmm I think you should write about what you have been through so far but with different names and a different pen name" hmm it sounds reasonable I guess.

Hey babies,
So what do you guys think of the past and the present.
Can Sasha prove Tyler is Skye's baby.
Do you believe Skye' s baby is still alive.
Thanks for reading this book will soon publish a new book titled 'WINTER'

Vote and comment