Twenty Eight

"How did it go?" Jimin asked as soon as the door to the dean's office opened, revealing Taehyung who looked so dejected.

His sad and worried eyes lingered on Taehyung's disappointed face which only confirmed what he had dreaded to hear.

"I didn't make it." Taehyung whispered as he slumped on the bench nearby.

"Oh babe.." Jimin mumbled in empathy. He took the seat next to Taehyung and started to console him.

"Don't worry, okay? I'm here to help in any way I can." He assured as he smiled at the blonde.

Taehyung wasn't able to get the scholarship this time. His grades were average, not enough to land him the scholarship once again.

"Thanks, Chim." He blankly responded, mind fixated on finding ways to earn extra cash for the next semester.

"Cheer up, okay? I have saved some money of my own. You can have it." Jimin smiled which touched Taehyung's heart.

"That's your money, Chim. I can't just take it." Taehyung uttered, grateful to have such a loving best friend.

"Don't worry about me. I still have some savings." He assured as he stood and urged the other to do the same.

"Let's go. I still have to assist Ms. Choi in the library." Taehyung said, forcing a smile.

------

Another day ended as Taehyung made his way out of the University premises.

He's thinking of looking for a part-time job during the holidays so he could save up for the upcoming semester.

His mind was somewhere far away when he felt a hand clasping his own.

Taehyung jumped in surprise, eyes wide when he turned to look and saw Jungkook's smiling face.

"Hi." He greeted, making Taehyung's heart melt.

"Jungkook.. what are you doing here?" He asked, not expecting to see Jungkook that day because he received a text from him earlier that he won't be able to drive him home.

"I finished earlier than expected, so here I am." Jungkook answered as they made their way to his car.

All the problems Taehyung had been thinking were washed away just by Jungkook's presence.

His warm hands calmed the chaos in his mind. Having him during times like this made Taehyung finally give in to the urge of crying as his held back tears cascaded his eyes.

"T-tae.." Jungkook was alarmed, seeing Taehyung's tears and his sobs.

He panicked, immediately opening the passenger's side, settling Taehyung down on the seat as he bent down to level his face.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, not understanding why Taehyung suddenly bursted into tears.

Taehyung couldn't find his voice as he buried his face on Jungkook's shoulders, crying his heart out and finding solace in the ravenette's arms.

They were like that for a long while. Jungkook didn't ask questions anymore, letting Taehyung open up to him on his own.

He was there to console him and made him feel that he's not alone as he listened to his problem.

"I know a place where you can work for part-time." Jungkook said as they sat silently inside the car.

"Really?" Taehyung finally smiled, eyes still puffy from all the crying.

"Yes, babe. I'll recommend you, so don't cry anymore, okay?" Jungkook assured, cupping Taehyung's face.

Taehyung blushed, feeling embarrassed. He doesn't even know why he cried over something so shallow.