Thirty Two

Flashes of camera blinded Taehyung as soon as he stepped out of his car.

His manager, Namjoon, immediately protected him from the clamoring reporters who began throwing questions here and there.

They could barely walk towards the entrance of J&J scents, a brand owned by Jeon Enterprises.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung, is it true that everything that had happened between you and Mr. Jeon Jungkook is nothing but a part of this collaboration?"

A reporter from ENT News asked almost shoving the recording device in Taehyung's face.

"No interviews, please." Namjoon quickly blocked the hands that continued to pester them.

"Does that mean you and Mr. Jeon didn't really have any relationship?"

Another question was thrown his way, but Taehyung maintained his head low, eyes covered by sunglasses.

"What about the pictures that resurfaced? Are you claiming that they're all fabricated?"

He didn't comment as Namjoon and him finally made it through the crowd. They rushed inside the building where the reporters couldn't come inside.

"Are you all right?"

Taehyung nodded, smiling at his manager whose face was full of concern.

"Are you sure?" Namjoon assured.

"Yes, hyung. Not even a scratch." Taehyung replied with a thumbs up that had the other sighing in relief.

"I should ask Hoseok to provide us better security."

"No need, hyung. This much is fine." Taehyung said, tapping Namjoon's shoulder.

"But they're getting out of hand." Namjoon insisted.

"Let's just focus on our objective, hyung."

As he said those words with conviction, Namjoon finally let go of the topic.

They headed for the information desk where an attendant escorted them to the conference hall.

"What's our schedule after this, hyung?" Taehyung discreetly asked.

"Nothing. Oh wait, I remembered Jimin said we'll be eating out tonight." Namjoon informed.

"All right. Let's finish this fast, then."

As they entered the door to the conference room, they were greeted by the marketing team.

"Please have a seat."

Taehyung immediately sat next to Namjoon who had his eyes on the documents placed neatly on the table.

"It's nice to see you again, Mr. Kim Taehyung and Mr. Kim Namjoon." Lee Heeseung, the marketing team leader, said with a smile.

"Same here, Mr. Lee." Taehyung responded, offering a smile back.

It's already the third meeting with the marketing team since he signed the contract.

The collaboration teaser had already been released to the public which was the reason behind the ambush he had experienced with the reporters earlier.

"Shall we get started, then?" Heeseung asked which earned a nod from both Namjoon and Taehyung.

The room turned dark as the screen lit up with the video of the teaser being presented.

It was only 30 seconds, with mostly Taehyung's silhouette and the bottle of perfume which served as the collaboration teaser.