Thirty Four

The photoshoot for J&J scent's new collection finally started, and everyone was up their feet.

Everyone except Taehyung who could hardly focus in front of the camera.

"Should we take a break?"

The photographer suggested, noticing how he was unable to follow the instructions and the whole theme of the shoot.

"Will it be okay?" Taehyung asked, not wanting to cause any further delay.

The photographer nodded, a hint of a smile showed on his lips.

"Yeah, let's continue at 2."

In return, Taehyung offered a grateful smile before heading to his station where his assistant, Inah, offered him a seat and refreshments.

"Is everything okay? You look so out of it." Inah noticed, handing him a towel to cover his torso.

His outfit was a little too revealing for his own good.

"Just had trouble sleeping last night." Taehyung responded.

Though there was a slight truth in his words, Taehyung chose to not give the details behind his lack of enthusiasm for the project at hand.

"Should I schedule an appointment with your doctor to give you prescription?"

"No need. It doesn't always happen."

He could see the concern in her eyes which made him feel bad.

"I'm okay, really." He assured, giving a thumbs up to the other who could only sigh.

"Tell me if you're having a hard time, 'kay?"

"Yeah.. thanks."

As Taehyung darted his attention on the drink in his hands, a deep frustrated sigh left his lips.

It had been three days since he had a confrontation with Jungkook. During those days, he chose to drown himself in loneliness and regret.

He lost his focus and everything just felt like nothing to him.

"Standby, everyone. We're resuming in a few."

The photographer's voice snapped Taehyung out of his thoughts. He finished the drink in one go as he forced himself to get back to work.

"Let's do this." He uttered, handing the towel back to Inah who gave him an encouraging smile.

He should not be thinking of anything unnecessary during work. It could affect not only him but also the people working for that project.

His team did a quick makeup retouch before he stepped in front of the camera once more.

"Ready to slay?" The photographer asked which made Taehyung smile.

"As always."

As he readied himself to embody the character and theme of the project, the door to the hall opened and in came two gentlemen in suits.

Even from the distance, Taehyung immediately identified the ravenette whose eyes caught his own in a brief moment before gazing away.

"How's my number one model doing?"

If not for the question, Taehyung would not have looked at the other one who happened to be his boss, Hoseok.

"Sir.." Taehyung acknowledged.

"Are you just starting now?" Hoseok asked, leaning to the monitor to see the previous shots.

"We took a short break, sir." Taehyung answered, eyes darting back to Jungkook whose eyes were fixated on his pictures as well.