Seven

Tae's POV

It was 10 in the morning when I decided to go to the cafeteria to grab something to eat. I contacted Jimin to accompany me, but he said he can't. He has a lot of things to do, which involves a lot of flirting with Min Yoongi.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. My best friend left me alone to have some intimate time with his soon to be boyfirend.

Ugh! I envy him.

The school cafeteria is packed with students from different departments. Almost all the seats were taken except for the one at the farthest end.

Guess I'll just sit there.

I made my way to the empty seat after buying a sandwich and a soda. My life is at peace until I heard a bunch of girls squealing and giggling not far from where I was sitting.

I turned my head to look at them, and God, I regretted it.

I saw a group of men enter, okay let me correct myself -- a group of good-looking men. No wonder, the girls on the adjacent table start squirming on their seats.

I retracted my gaze and prayed to all the divinities.

Please, I hope he didn't see me. Please...

Yes. One of the men who entered is Jungkook. He's laughing with his friends about something I can't really understand. They were a bit far from where I was sitting.

If you're wondering how they were able to find a place to sit, well a group of girls offered their seats to them.

How ironic isn't it? Girls giving their seats to grown up men.

Well, that's the power of having handsome faces.

I quickly went back to finishing my sandwich and soda. I don't want to stay here any longer.

You might be thinking that I'm delusional for imagining that Jungkook will notice me, considering that I'm in a very far place.

Yeah, I'm really delusional. I can't help but think that he will look at my direction, which frightens me a lot by the way. After walking out on him 3 days ago, I don't have the courage to face him especially now that I'm alone.

I'll really go crazy if he sees me.

After finishing my food, I waited for an opportunity to go out. Since I'm at the farthest end of the cafeteria, I will have to go past their table before reaching the exit.

I could just wait for them to leave, but my class will start in 5 minutes. I cannot risk being late because the professor is a bit terror.

I stood once I saw a bunch of students heading for the exit. I will use them as a shield to possibly cover me up.

I walked with them and acted unsuspicious.

So far, so good.

We were almost near their table, when I heard someone call me.

"Tae!"

I froze. The group of students, whom I'm using as a shield, continued walking, reavealing the not so prepared me.

Jimin is smiling at me as he runs toward me. I noticed Yoongi following him behind.

"Did you eat without me?" Jimin pouted apologetically.

I forced a smile. In my peripheral vision, I can see Jungkook now looking at me.

Damn you Chim. You always ruin my plan.