Eight

Author's POV

Two days after the kissing incident, Taehyung noticed that Jungkook has been practically avoiding him. Not that they are close or anything, Jungkook just seems to act like nothing happened between them.

Just like today, when Taehyung was choosing a drink in the vending machine, he accidentally bumped his ass to someone when he bended over to get it. He instantly looked at the person and was shocked to see Jungkook.

"Sorry." Tae apologized, his cheeks blushing after remembering the passionate kiss they shared.

To his surprise, Jungkook just looked at him and without saying a word, walked out as if he didn't see nor hear anything.

O-kay?

Taehyung felt embarrassed. What the hell is wrong with him?

"Jerk." He mumbled before angrily walking away.

Why is he acting like a bitch again?

Taehyung decided to cool off his anger by sitting on a bench in the school's garden. Only few people were resting there so it's peaceful, just like what Taehyung needs at the moment.

He needs to sort out his emotions. After the kiss, Taehyung would lie if he'll say that he expected nothing to happen again. Truth be told, he's hoping that somehow, Jungkook and him will start a "relationship".

He thought that Jungkook will feel the same way, but looking at his reactions now, it seems that Taehyung is the only one who felt something in that kiss.

Taehyung sighed in disappointment. Maybe Jungkook is someone who just kisses anyone he likes without really having a feeling toward them. Whereas for Taehyung, the kiss meant something more. It felt magical and unexplainable.

Well what do you expect? Jungkook is the only person he has ever kissed.

"I'm such a fool." Taehyung whispered as he looks at the couple resting under the tree. They were cuddling and almost kissing.

I wish we could be like them.

The couple broke off from cuddling. They sat and giggled as if they own the whole garden. Taehyung's eyes widened when he got a clearer view of their faces.

Jimin and Yoongi.

"Yah!" Taehyung shouted, making the lovers flinch. They looked at him with wide eyes.

"Tae!" Jimin giggled. He made a space next to him so Taehyung can sit with them.

"You two! Do you think this place is a motel?!" Taehyung joked before slapping Jimin's thigh.

"Coming from the one who made out inside the comfort room?" Jimin teased, making Taehyung blush in embarrassment.

"Shut up." He said before covering his tinted cheeks. Jimin cornered him into telling what happened in full detail.

"So, how are you and Jungkook?" Yoongi asked a little annoyed that their "intimate" time was interrupted.

Taehyung snorted. He doesn't even want to talk nor hear Jungkook's name.

"Nothing's between us. We just kissed. That's it." Taehyung said bitterly.

Yoongi looked at him in disbelief. "Really Taehyung? That's not what he told me."

Taehyung and Jimin looked at Yoongi, both interests were piqued. They stared at him, waiting for him to say more.

"No..no.. I won't say anything." Yoongi turned his back to the two, as he lied back to the ground.

"Babe~" Jimin purred, trying to make him talk.

"Nope. I won't say anything. Ask him yourself Taehyung." Yoongi said with finality.

"But he's been acting like a total jerk!" Taehyung retorted.

Yoongi just shrugged his shoulders before closing his eyes.

Jimin looked at Taehyung apologetically. "Sorry Tae. He's really not the kind of person to meddle with other people's business."

Tae understands. He also doesn't want to be much of a trouble for the couple.

"Guess I'll just have to ask him, right?" Taehyung smiled weakly before standing. He waved at the two before making his way back to the building.

Somehow, his hopes were up on the roof. In his mind, he's thinking that maybe... just maybe... Jungkook has felt something toward him too.

Taehyung needs to talk to him. He mustered all his courage before approaching Jungkook who's currently sitting with his friends in the cafeteria.

"Uhmm, Jungkook?"

All eyes are on him including Jungkook's who seems to be shocked.

"Uhm, can we -uh talk for a bit?" Taehyung almost kicked himself for stuttering.

The group went silent for a while, Jihoon looked confused as to why he's asking Jungkook to speak with him. Yugyeom and Jackson have playful smiles on their lips.

"Okay." Jungkook coldly responded before standing. They walked out of the cafeteria and sat on a nearby bench.

"So, what's this about?" Jungkook boredly asked.

Taehyung brushed off his uncertainties. He has to ask him now.

"Uhm about the k-kiss...." Taehyung waited for Jungkook to respond. He bit his lips when he didn't hear a word coming from him.

Still, Taehyung continued. "Why did you do that?" He looked at him in the eyes, hoping he could see the answers from them.

Jungkook stared at him, an emotion passed his eyes for a moment, before his stares turned cold.

"Nothing. That meant nothing to me Taehyung."

Tae's hopes crumbled down like waterfalls. His eyes watered in mixed emotions, hurt, embarrassment, and disappointment.

Don't cry.. Don't cry... Don't cry..

Taehyung managed to smile weakly. "Good. Wow, guess we both feel nothing in that kiss. Well, thank you for confirming. Now, I can sleep peacefully without worrying about that."

He stood and extended his right hand, asking for a handshake to finally end all his delusions.

Jungkook took his hand and for a moment, Taehyung wanted to hug him and beg him to take his words back.

But he didn't. He has embarrassed himself too much. His little heart can't take more blows than that.

Taehyung walked away, his tears now flowing from his eyes.

"Jerk."

End of flashback

-----++++ 💜💜💜💜 ++++-----

Woot woot! Finally ended the flashback.

Next chapter would be the present.

See ya 😘