Run To You

(Soulmate AU where what you write/draw on your arms shows up on the other's arms for a certain amount of time)

Hoshi loved the thought of soulmates, and the mystery of his own. Due to your bond, he could always communicate with you and he loved having that kind of connection with you.

But the two of you weren't allowed to share certain information. Your names, phone numbers, where you lived, and other similar information that would lead you straight to one another were blocked. You could write them but the ink would be smudged beyond recognition.

So you each took what you could get, drawing pictures or writing notes when you could. You tended to communicate more than your soulmate, who had asked that you call him Tiger since you couldn't find out his real name. With a name like that, you figured he must be into something flashy or important.

You'd just opted for your first initial. You were surprised that it had slipped through the ink of your bond, but there were apparently too many names with your initial for him to narrow it down. Which was both a relief and a disappointment to you.

The two of you spent years communicating with one another with no idea of when you'd meet. And it was obvious that it was starting to wear on each of you. You didn't even know your soulmate's name for crying out loud.

But as luck would have it, he'd given you something just as good. When a friend of yours started showing you Seventeen videos, you thought they were talented and funny. But then you stumbled across an interview where Hoshi was comparing himself to a tiger.

Just like your soulmate.

It was obviously a coincidence, you'd told yourself. Hoshi was one of your favorites, but there was no way. What were the odds?

And yet...the more you thought about it, the more it made sense. Parts of his messages were often blocked from you, like he'd let something slip about his identity. He never communicated with you regularly, it was always when he could. His general personality and the messages he'd sent you lined up very well together.

Hoshi was starting to get worried. You hadn't sent him anything in a while. He wondered if you were bored of him. He knew that a lot of his messages to you got blocked because he used other member's names or mentioned one of their songs and that was a giveaway.

But so much of his life revolved around those things. He couldn't help his schedule or his involvement with the company. Maybe you'd just given up on talking to him.

Later that night, Hoshi was so busy at the dance practice he hardly noticed the tingling feeling on his arm. They worked hard for a few more hours, only stopping to get a food break.

By the time they'd all gotten back to the dorm, he was so drained he couldn't remember if he'd imagined the feeling or not. But as he started getting ready for bed, he felt the familiar tingling again. He glanced down at his arm to see that you were slowly adding to your drawing from earlier.

It had just been a big blob before. But as he watched, you started adding in details to it. Thinning this part here. Adding attachments. Little lines to show that it was moving.

Something big. Something moving. He shook his head, trying to stay awake to see what you were drawing. It wasn't quite defined yet. But his eyes started to get heavy and he started drifting off to sleep. Before he knew what had happened, he'd passed out.

The next morning, Hoshi woke with a start, nearly hitting himself in the head in his excitement to see if the drawing was still there. His eyes widened and he started scrambling to get up.

Seungcheol happened to be walking by and glanced in the room.

"Hoshi?" he called. "What are you--?"

"Airport!" He screeched. "I need to get to the airport right now."

"Why? We're not going anywhere--"

Hoshi, having slipped on a clean shirt, thrust his arm at the older boy's face.

A drawing of an airplane.

His eyes widened. "Hoshi, you don't know which airport."

"Then I'll search every one until I find them!"

Seungcheol hadn't noticed, but the lines you'd originally drawn behind the airplane were smudged away like you'd tried to erase them. And that could mean your plane had already landed and you were in an airport waiting for him to figure out your message.

He couldn't wait around when you were out there somewhere. He threw himself out into the street, glancing around before remembering which way the nearest airport was.

You noticed a couple of people staring at you while you got your luggage. You wondered if your fashion choices had been too much, but you figured it was a dead giveaway if your soulmate saw you.

Hoshi was starting to realize he hadn't thought this through. He didn't know what flight you were on. He didn't know what you looked like. He didn't even know your full name. How was he supposed to....

A flash of orange caught his eye and he turned back to see someone walking through the airport with a mask and a hat similar to his. The only difference was that these were covered in bright orange stripes.

"Tiger!" Hoshi exclaimed before he could stop himself. Your head snapped up, turning toward the sound of his voice.

Before you even really got a good look at him, he tackled you in a hug. After a few moments, he let you go but he kept nervously bouncing around on the balls of his feet.

"You wore tiger stripes for me!" he exclaimed.

You chuckled softly. "You got here fast."

"I ran," he admitted.

"You...ran all the way here?"

He nodded. "I finally knew where you were close by and I didn't want to wait."

"But how did you know where to look?"

"Easy," he replied. "I just followed my heart."

Seungcheol would later tell you that Hoshi called him in a panic because he got lost on the way to the airport and had to turn around. It was sheer luck that that happened to be the one you landed in. But you liked his version better.