24 Hours - DK (Afternoon)

(A/N: I decided to start my unit scenarios with the vocal team and 24H. Since the new year is fast approaching, I thought it'd be fun to do a full 24-hour cycle with different members of the unit. First up is DK, hope you enjoy!)

As soon as you opened the door, a large burst of confetti and a loud popping sound greeted you.

"Happy New Year!" Hoshi exclaimed.

"Hoshi!" Seungcheol scolded. "Stop greeting everyone like that."

"But it's so fun...."

"Wow, the place looks great," you commented. The guys had invited you over for a New Year's party and it was obvious they'd been decorating all day for it. Streamers and a large banner were already strung up everywhere.

You watched Seungcheol take the pack of poppers from Hoshi and chuck them into the closet along with several other identical packs. You could make out some sparklers and other small fireworks in there too.

Hoshi reluctantly brought over the broom and started sweeping up the confetti pieces. At least he was cleaning up after himself.

"Thanks. Food and drinks are in the kitchen so help yourself," Seungcheol told you. "Most of the guys are outside still setting up if you want to go take a look."

You figured that you might as well see what they were up to, so you let yourself out into the yard. Jeonghan, DK, and Dino were currently setting up a large paper mache ball on a stick. Dino was standing on a ladder to set it up properly while the other two steadied the ladder.

"What are you doing?" you asked.

"It's our own pinata!" Dino explained with a grin.

Jeonghan smirked. "We figured we could watch the ball drop, or we could beat it up and let out some frustration."

"Uh huh. And whose idea was that?" 

He shrugged nonchalantly, although you were sure that it was at least partially his idea. Maybe Woozi's as well.

"Hoshi must have caught you at the door," DK said as he brushed some confetti from your shoulder. "He's been doing that all day."

You smiled. "I'm surprised you weren't joining him."

It was no surprise that DK loved parties. He and Hoshi thoroughly enjoyed any excuse to get together with others and have a good time. And especially with the way things had been going all year, this was a great reason to do just that.

"I wanted to help set up. Make sure everything was perfect before you got here."

"DK, whose baby are you?" Jeonghan pouted.

You rolled your eyes. "Sorry, Jeonghan. Guess you have to learn to share."

"Hey, some of the guys are playing foot volleyball. Do you want to go watch?"

"Sure."

So the two of you ditched Jeonghan and Dino to go watch several other members playing an enthusiastic round of foot volleyball. DK settled his head on your shoulder for a few minutes.

Which turned out to be a bad idea when a sudden foul ball flew towards you and you ended up headbutting each other. 

"Are you okay?" he choked out, barely holding back his laughter at the accident.

You sighed, rubbing your head. "I'm fine. I just hope we don't make a habit of this in the new year."

The two of you spent the afternoon wandering around together, helping out with the preparations, and having a good time. Despite your minor injuries, you couldn't think of any other way you wanted to spend the last day of the year.

It was sure to be loud and chaotic later, but right now just spending your time with Dokyeom was more than enough.