CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Padma stares at him, hands on her hips. She says something but Lucca doesn't mind listening, behind him, Terry and Samuel are laughing. They find the situation funny. So does Lucca.

He giggles, covering his face behind the magazine. Padma snatches it.

"I can't believe it," she snarls. "You are stoned, Lucca. And we've to get down the train!"

"Alright."

Lucca stands up. Padma sits him down by pushing his shoulders. Lucca frowns, he was supposed to stand up. Maybe his feet are failing again. Or could it be his knee. The Healer said it was a nasty fracture. Lucca winces, he remembers the pain.

"Listen," Samuel chuckles, patting Padma's shoulder. "None will notice."

"Of course they will!" Padma hisses. She points at Lucca. "Look at his face!"

Lucca touches his own cheek. "Fuck yeah. I'm handsome."

"Gorgeous, mate," Terry nods. "Love ya."

"Love you, too."

Terry barks a laugh, holding onto his stomach, and Lucca copies him because Terry might be the funniest boy out there. Oh, Lucca loves him. Terry is the best.

Padma whines, pressing her hands on her forehead. "Flitwick will have our heads rolling down the fucking stairs."

"I'm fine," Lucca tries to reassure her. "I can go."

"No."

"Why no?"

"You are stoned."

"So?"

Padma still pushes him down at the second the door opens. Kyle Berbamn is pushed inside the compartment, Aurora behind him.

"Holy shit," Kyle gasps, smiling. "Lucca Sallow, you don't disappoint to amaze me, mate."

Lucca smiles, shrugging. "I know."

Aurora punches Kyle's shoulder. "Fix it."

"Why me?"

"You sold him that stuff! Your stuff!"

Lucca pouts. It's not that bad. Funny daises are, as the name says, funny. Also relaxing and calming and soothing. Lucca has never had his mind this clear before. It's like the world is slow, every action is lingering, almost dream-like.

"The effect will last a few more hours," Kyle is saying as he kneels in front of Lucca. "But he seems alright to me."

"I've a boyfriend."

"I know, Brown Eyes."

Lucca scoffs. If Harry were here he would curse the hell out of Berbamn for flirting with him. Or not. Harry is too good for this world. It's not fair. Ah, he misses him. He wonders what Harry is doing at the moment, maybe spying on Malfoy or something. Lucca doesn't like Malfoy. He is a prick, thinking he is the best and has a Death Eater as a father. Ha! Lucca's father is an elite Auror and Head of Something. Head. Funny.

Aurora clicks her tongue. "Huh. Fine you said?"

"Listen, I had no idea he was going to smoke in the train."

"I mustn't sell drugs to children."

"Don't be ridiculous, Faust. He's nearly seventeen. Stop babying him!"

Aurora tilts her chin up, trying to make herself taller. Lucca laughs because Aurora is the smallest in the compartment and Kyle is behind Samuel in height. Yet, she looks intimidating.