CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Lucca thinks this situation could be much worse.

His mother covers her mouth, not having the heart to tell him how ridiculous that assumption is. His father and his aunt look at each other, silently asking 'is he really this dumb or he is trying to test himself?' and in Lucca's defence, he was never the bright one when it comes to planning things. He isn't the smartest or the voice of reason. Maybe if Milan or Venice were there, just maybe his family would not look at him like he is mental.

They have the right to treat him as a mental one.

"That's impossible," Celia finally says, breaking eye contact with her brother. "Crouch Junior died a long time ago."

"He didn't," Lucca stubbornly argues. "He is alive and at Hogwarts."

"Did you see him?" his father asks. "Did you see him imposing Moody? Do you have evidence? What makes you think that?"

Lucca feels unnecessary attacked by the sudden questions. He doesn't have evidence and if he tells that Milan told him she saw him die they will never believe him. Besides, in England they don't really believe in Seers and his mother said to not share their information so carelessly, even if this is his family.

"Lucca, that's a big accusation you're making," William says. "And you've been here for many days after waking up —"

"I'm not mad! I know what I am saying!" Lucca argues back. "If we go right now to Hogwarts you can catch him!"

Celia closes her eyes, she isn't the most patient one. "We just want to know what makes you think that. "

"Because...." Lucca looks at his mother, hoping she understands his desperations. Should he tell them about Milan's visions? No. Milan wouldn't want that. It's not proper evidence. "Because I saw his name on the map!"

William raises a brow. Celia, however, frowns.

"A map?"

"There's this map that shows everyone at Hogwarts," says Lucca and explains the night he helped Harry to sort out the egg. "And he wasn't there! It's Moody. But Moody isn't Moody — it's Crouch Junior because Crouch Senior has been missing after Crouch Junior imposed Moody!"

"That's your evidence, Lucca?" his father asks. "A magical map that could be mistaken?"

Lucca nods, confidently. He knows he sounds insane but what else?

"And it's not a coincidence that Healer Moegelin, who was friends with Junior, has been holding me back here! And she wanted to kill me!"

"I think you're mistaken."

"I think I'm not," Lucca states, stubbornly. "Listen to me, Pa. Crouch Junior is alive and behind everything — he knew I knew and that's why —"

William raises his hand, stopping his rambling. "Lucca, I want to believe you but I can't. That's not — I can't see the connection."

Lucca turns to his mother. Francesca is the one who seems to start believing him. "Please, Mum, trust me on this. I've seen it, Milan saw it too! That's not Moody, he is Barty Crouch and he is pretty much alive and is planning something with Harry!"

William looks away from his son, to Celia. "I need to see the office myself and contact my team to start tracking Moegelin down, a photo would be great help –"

"Wait," Celia says, still studying Lucca's face. "You said you saw his name on a map."

"Harry's map."

Celia nods. "The Marauders Map."

"How do you know...?" Lucca begins to ask but his aunt already turned her back to him.

CONFUNDUS; harry potter [UNDER EDITION]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara