CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR

Three stubborn, self-righteous and idiotic Gryffindors yelling at a poor, defenceless Ravenclaw isn't a fair dispute.

Hermione argues she needs more information regarding Horcruxes that Pandora probably has. And Lucca hates she is right because yes, his family name is ancient, filled with important figures throughout Britain wizarding history. But once he positions himself in Pandora's calculating mind, Lucca suspects her reasons to marry Preston were because he had knowledge and power she couldn't access on her own. Even if the Blacks were part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, the Sallow name holds certain prestige within political and international circles. Another fact to add: this property had been bought because Bristol Sallow investigated the Death's Gifts by himself. Money, knowledge, power. Pandora had it all and Lucca took it from her. Just like that.

"Why are you refusing?" Harry demands, interrupting Hermione's long speech on why they have to break into his ancestral home. "You said you were going to help me."

He pauses, sparing him an exasperated look, as he throws his hands in the air. Lucca sees the tension building on his shoulders. He wants to scream at him to just stop. He hasn't said anything yet. He needs to think.

"No. I won't accept any of that bullshit, Harry;" Lucca replies calmly. "We can't be careless here. I need a plan to break in, search the place and leave without wasting time —"

"You are not thinking of going by yourself, are you?" Harry says, approaching with quick steps. "I'm coming with you."

Hermione's eyes narrow at the proximity but she says nothing, allowing Harry to take care of the convincing part.

"It'd be for the best if I go alone," Lucca says. "Listen," he raises his voice at the incredulous expressions on their faces. "It's not only the library we need access to. There are hidden rooms, old studios, doors I've never been able to open. Besides, the manor is open, the wards are down, anyone could be in there with her — It'd be for the best if you stay behind."

"We're four now. We could finish the search faster and help you to restore the place," Harry insists. "You're part of this, Lucca. And I won't let you keep working alone."

Harry is standing close enough for Lucca to forget how to breathe. Caught in between the need to embrace Harry or push him away, Lucca moves slightly backwards. "Fine. But I've my own conditions and rules."

Harry has a determined look on his face now. Lucca glances behind him, focusing on how Ron and Hermione are sharing a concerned look. They obviously disagree that Lucca joins their little gang of war criminals, though, they do not contradict Harry. They both know Lucca has the information, and they wouldn't dare to upset Harry when they need to start moving if they want to end the war.

"I don't know the state of the property," Lucca admits as he draws a simple map of the manor. "Pandora could have left or she was trapped inside. That depends on the wards and the family magic."

"Considering her purists views, it's possible she is still linked to the manor," Ron points out. By the incredulous look on Hermione's and Harry's faces, Ron shrugs sheepishly. "The Ministry officials came to restore the wardstone at the Burrow, remember? Mum was against it, said something about family only cares about those things but you know Dad, went on about the Ministry officials being experts —."

"That doesn't explain how she'd be connected to the manor grounds," Harry interrupts briskly.

"She married Lucca's grandfather," Ron utters, confused at their sceptical faces. "Traditional purebloods weddings involve magical bonds. Though the conditions are vague, it depends on the family's traditions."