CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

When Lucca thought about destroying Pandora Sallow, he imagined her losing her mind. It started with Lucca winding her up, using mind games to break her apart and reveal her dirtiest secrets. Eventually, his fantasies of torture evolved to actual torture. He pictured himself in the practice room, ready to duel her and ending in an accident. Later, he imagined her screams of terror and too much blood. Lucca doesn't consider himself cruel, he is a coward and Pandora is his boggart and worst nightmare. But he admits to be bit fucked up in the head because none daydreams about killing their grandmother in middle of a party or a lesson or after having sex with their boyfriend.

Lucca can see and smell and taste the death of Pandora as if it will come soon, and he can't wait for it.

But it would not be easy and Pandora is ahead of everyone else in mind games. Lucca would be surprised if Voldemort fears her more than Dumbledore because he probably knows she is a sadist and hates everyone and doesn't care to get her hands dirty to get things done her way.

Alexis promises the full story but she needs time. Lucca says he has six days left before he returns to England. So a deadline is settled. She agrees to not take longer than necessary but first, she needs to prepare herself and gather the proof.

"It gets confusing," she says, leaning over the railing of the balcony and glancing down at the guests. "But it makes sense if you follow closely."

"I've been confused my whole life," Lucca says. "It can't be worse than whatever is happening inside my head."

Alexis doesn't chuckle at the joke. She grunts in disagreement. She finds Lucca's self-loath nauseous and ridiculous, but she doesn't offer compliments in return to bandage his broken self-esteem.

"Learning how to love is the hardest job in the world," she says, intending to Lucca absorb the meaning behind her words. "Hope, someday, you can."

After sharing a bottle of expensive champagne and wishing each other good health under the moonlight, Lucca uses his time left to write a letter to Harry. He plans to send it as soon as the sun rises. These days, not even able to contact him, has been torturous. He can't wait to return to Hogwarts and fill Harry with all the things he has done during the break (avoiding Kyle's and Alexis' interaction which can cause a fight) and only limit himself to share ridiculous cultural shocks.

The following days are hardly peaceful.

The Ferreiras don't celebrate Christmas, too proud of their wizarding customs to participate in the blending of a muggleish holiday. Although, Alexis doesn't seem to care, she gifts Lucca a silver clasp for his cloak. For a second, Lucca thinks it is the badge Nora promised to send for his birthday. It hits him as a reminder to perform his Patronus Charm. He hasn't been able to cast it. He wonders if Nora would made him one even if he isn't able cast the charm. His last option lies on Harry. Maybe Lucca could ask him to help him.

"It's lovely," Lucca says, genuine smile on his face.

Alexis shrugs. "You like accessories, I suppose it was safer than giving you a ring."

Lucca has only though a present for Alexis. She is delighted to have a journal with security charms.

"You'll need it," Lucca winks at her. "Healer Ferreira."

Alexis hugs him for a long moment, equally guilty and happy, and Lucca doesn't really blame her. Alexis is not an enemy. She is his only ally at the moment and he appreciates her friendship more than ever.

Lucca tells Kyle everything when he sneaks in his room to smoke that same night. Kyle disagrees and demands to be present when she spits the information.