CHAPTER FIVE

Lucca glanced up when Harry slammed the door shut. He crossed the empty classroom until he was standing in front of Lucca, raging furious. Lucca pointed at the table, where all the badges he took from other students during the day were.

"I'll burn them later," he said. "And I'm trying to find a way to stop Draco of multiplying them —"

"And I should congratulate you?" Harry snapped at him. "For what? Doing the bare fucking minium?"

"I'm trying to help."

"Then tell Malfoy to leave me the fuck alone."

Lucca tried many times but Draco had always been stubborn, even more than Lucca, and too proud to lower himself to an apology and leave Harry alone. Lucca had apologised for him all the time. Harry never accepted his apologies. Lucca understood why but that didn't mean it didn't hurt a little, to be rejected that way.

"This is why you wanted to meet me here?" Harry asked, showing the little note Lucca left in his bag. "To prove you aren't like your sly git friends? I've news for you, Sallow. You're actually worse than them because you're a fucking coward."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't even mean it!"

Lucca shook his head. "I do mean it. Harry, I'm sorry –"

"No. It doesn't mean anything to me because I know you won't even try to stop them from bothering me. You prefer to have their good side. That's fine. You've that but leave me the fuck alone."

Lucca wanted to explain it to Harry; he didn't want to be alone in his house, he didn't want to be seen as a traitor by them but he did want to be friends with Harry so badly.

He didn't explain anything, though. He saw Harry walking out of the room and giving him a last glare before the door was slammed again. 

Lucca called Harry Potter pretty in front of his friend and Milan. Lucca said Harry's eyes are lovely and then tried to talk about Quidditch. He can't stop thinking about it. The scene continues to repeat itself in his head; the incredulous look on Potter's face, the curious eyes of Hermione Granger and Milan bursting in laughter when he ran away from the scene.

He hasn't dared to look in his direction in the past few days. Lucca runs away at any moment Harry is close, too embarrassed, too disturbed, too freaked out to think straight.

And that leads him to be sitting in Flitwick's office, listening to the Head of Ravenclaw talking about how much he needs to take care of himself after the little improvement he had. All because Lucca almost sets Aurora's school bag on fire during a lesson. It was an accident, Lucca was distracted by the way Harry's hair is a total disaster and still looks fluffy and soft.

"...self control helps us to guide our magic in the direction we want it to go," Professor Flitwick is talking, not noticing Lucca's mind is wandering back to Potter. Potter and his stupid hair. His lovely eyes. His nasty humour.

Lucca can feel his own cheeks burning up. Professor Flitwick seems to notice.

"I understand how complex it is to ask a teenager for self control when you are at a certain age when there is a lack of it," he says. "Puberty, Mr. Sallow, puberty is hard for wizards."