"I should bloody hope so!", she scoffs, swatting at his arm.

"Hey! Don't be mean to Greg", he parries back playfully.

"H?", she steps closer and pulls him down, "Shut up and kiss me".

>

They break apart only when another car pulls into the walled car park.

Grinning, he pecks a kiss to her forehead before holding her door open, then stoops to collect his bags, slinging them in the boot on his way to the passenger seat.

Sliding in, he catches her biting her flushed, plumped lower lip. Smiling so broadly that his dimples pop, he leans across the centre console to peck her lips again.

Pulling back, he rests a hand on her cheek, eyeing her appraisingly. "How are you feeling?".

"Better", she nods with a soft smile.

"Better, better?", he checks, raising a sceptical eyebrow.

"Better, better! I promise", she rolls her eyes fondly.

As she starts the car, he reaches down for her phone in the footwell and glances at the still lit up screen of her calendar. "Holy shit!", he winces.

"Ugh, I know. I'm so sorry" she grimaces, pulling out of the car park. "I'm having to play some serious catch-up after the last few weeks. Everything's been squeezed into next week and it's looking hideous. I'm so disappointed; I was so looking forward to a week of just us before the madness kicks off again. We need it. But if I can-".

He cuts off her hurried rambling with a chuckle as he drops a hand to her thigh with a reassuring squeeze. "El, relax! I get it, I'm not cross. God, that would make me such a hypocrite! I totally understand. If anything I'm just relieved they gave you a proper break to recover. I'm more than happy to be your tag-along boyfriend, alright? I'll take anything I can get, anything you can give me", he pulls his hand from her thigh to squeeze her left hand resting on the gear stick. "Let's sit down at home and compare schedules and I'll work out how much I can join, okay? Please don't stress".

He lifts her hand to his lips and sponges playful kisses across her knuckles and her palm until he works his way up her wrist, when she shakes him off with a giggle as she focuses on merging on to the M4.

>

Once home, he bundles her into the shower, despite her weak protests. He's not quite ready to be separated from her again, even for a few minutes.

It's only when he notices her angling herself away from him that he realises, belatedly.

Stepping gently towards her, he dips to catch her eye, then splays his hands over her hips to anchor her in place, not letting her squirm away. He then drops to his knees and presses featherlight kisses over the two visible small scars - it's the first time he's seen them uncovered.

They're relatively neat, but an angry dark pink against the paler skin below the tan lines from her bikini bottoms. They'll fade in time, but are a stark reminder of what she went through and what they had been denied.

After reverently bowing to rest his head against her stomach for a few somber seconds, he looks up at her through his lashes. "I love you, El. I'm so in love with you. Every bit of you", he reassures.

Swallowing thickly as her fluttery blink breaks their watery long stare, he stands swiftly and pulls her into his arms, stepping them back under the warm spray from the shower overhead.

>

Hair still damp from their long shower, he flops down on the sofa, laying his head on her lap as they compare schedules again, making loose plans for when he might be able to drop by her various shoots.