Only One || Soundwave X Reader Pt. 2

"Sooo, let me get this straight

"Sooo, let me get this straight. You are an alien. You're a huge, totally alive and thinking for yourself robot with no strings attached? But you've been at war with another faction of your own species for millions of years now, and I was the one who repaired you after a final fight against that other faction?!" You're eyes were as wide as saucers when you realized you'd just said all this and he gave you a nod. "AND YOU TOLD ME ALL THIS WITHOUT SAYING AN ACTUAL WORD?! HOW IN THE HELL DOES THAT WORK?!"

You were thoroughly loosing your mind, and Soundwave's silence made you believe you may have been hallucinating. It was strange though, his communications skills were amazing, even for a mute robot with literally no face.

He only gave you a shrug, his shoulder plates creaking. You gave a sigh, making a reminder to yourself that you needed to oil his joints. Slowly but surely you kept coming back, even if you were terrified by Soundwave at first. You remembered hoping for a talkative fellow, but he was quite literally mute. The world seemed to laugh in your face every chance it got.

"Well... In any case, I guess we're just one step closer to fixing you completely..." You muttered. "You can sit up by yourself and your can move your legs and arms, but you just can't walk."

Soundwave nodded in return, subtly shifting his leg to show his movement. "Those schematics you've been showing me have been a big help too. You sure know your anatomy pretty well."

He nodded, again...

It seemed that the conversation ended early today... Usually you could talk on and on about anything under the sun, but now that he was actually hearing everything you said, (which surprised you that he was listening before he could move, too) you were kind of shy about voicing anymore of your emotions. You'd spoken a lot about yourself, but even then, Soundwave always urged you on.

You looked to him again, he gestured for you to continue speaking. "But - I don't have much to talk about... I just keep talking about myself. I feel bad that you'd have to sit through my rambling."

Soundwave only shook his head, his shoulders moving in a laughing motions, but no sound escaping. At first it was a little strange, but it was how he showed his emotions. "Are you sure it's ok?" You asked. He nodded again.

"Alright... well... What do you want to hear about this time? How I sprained my ankle for the first time as a kid? Who was my first kiss in high school? You've already heard how I got my first (and currently only) job." You tapped your chin, your head drooping. "Unless you wanna just hear about my family problems." You'd muttered.

Soundwave replied with a number 4 on his visor.

"Are you kidding me?! You just wanna hear about my personal problems? Aren't you tired of it by now? I come here everyday and I'm always complaining at least once a week!"

He shook his head and you gave a sigh.

"Alright well... When I was a kid, I grew up as a spoiled brat. My parents bought me everything I needed, and if I asked, I could have just about anything I wanted too... All except my own freedom. We weren't rich or anything yet, we were just well off. We didn't need to worry about money that much. And then I got into high school and suddenly they were noticed by some big shot company.