Smokescreen X Reader

Centuries... That's how long it's been since you last saw him. Ever since he had graduated from the academy on Cybertron and left to defend Iacon. Now here you were, stuck on another deadbeat planet looking for him in hopes that maybe you can rekindle the light that you snuffed out when he left. 

You let out a frustrated growl as you laid your head on the side of your ship. It looks like you would be here a while, so you took a seat next to your ship and popped open your reserves of energon. 

You looked up at the sky of this planet, their sun setting on the horizon as you let your pedes dangle over the edge of the cliff you had landed on. You tuned your communications to listen in on the planet's radio. Their music seemed good for such a young race. 

As you flipped through the radio frequencies you came across a catchy song, but as you hummed and nodded your head along with the beat you soaked in the words of the human song. 

Your spark dropped and as you slowly stopped moving to the beat your energon cube began to shake. You set the cube aside and leaned your faceplate into your servos. No matter where you went or what you did you couldn't get him out of your head. As your frame shook you slowly looked up to see the sky become darker and darker, stars beginning to shine. 

Just like the night before it fell apart. 

"You promise?" you asked as you looked deep into his optics. 

"Yes of course (Y/N)! I won't loose touch with you! Pits- the Decepticons would have to rip you from my servos before I give you up." He said with a laugh before he laid his forehelm on yours. 

You both let out a laugh, "Just- promise me you'll be safe- OK?" You said, worry laced into your tone. 

"I will, I promise- I promise from beyond the stars-" He gestured to the bright night sky above both of you, "To Primus down below himself." 

You pulled him into a near suffocating hug, "That's big talk Smokescreen." You said quietly. "I remember they always said you'd die because of your motor-mouth." 

"Stop that talk (Y/N)... It sounds like your last goodbye..." He said letting out a soft, awkward chuckle.

You swallowed hard, looking up at him with conflicted optics. You needn't say anything-your expression did the talking. 

"No-... No no no, cmon you've gotta be kidding me right?" He asked, gripping your servos in his tightly. 

"They said I'm being moved to the front lines... My shipment is tomorrow afternoon." You choked out before pulling one of your servos away and putting it on the side of his faceplate. 

Before he could retort you pulled him in and gave his dermas one last kiss, knowing you would never see him again. Not because you would die- no... because you had made up your mind long before, a small information chip being thrown around in your subspace. 

You curled up against your ship's frame and you slowly rubbed the purple insignia on your chest. You had chosen long ago and you entered the academy as a Deception spy. Unfortunately, Smokescreen's boyish behavior had charmed you. You fell in love with him, a dangerous move for someone like you, one you could die for. 

And just like he had said before, the Decepticons had ripped you away from his servos when you had moved to the front lines. You rejoined their ranks, became a small hero, and after it died down to small battles across the galaxy, you distanced yourself from both factions. 

You were on a wild goose chase for your old lover, you didn't even know if he was alive, just the burning hope in your spark kept you going. 

As the song died down and the only sound that you could hear was the organic birds chirping, a voice resonated. 

"Hands in the air decepticon!" The voice said, blasters powering up. 

But you did nothing, not when that voice was so familiar. 

"Surrender Deceptiscum!" He said again. 

You only let out a small chuckle. 

"Hey! Didn't you hear me!? Surrender or you'll be taken down by fo-" Before he could finish you spoke. 

"They always said your motor-mouth would get you killed." You said standing up. "Don't make that true Smokey." you said as you turned around, energon tears staining your cheeks. 

"(y-Y/n)...?" He asked in a confused tone as you gave him a sad smile. 

He transformed his servos, his expression falling to that of sorrow as he stared at your decepticon insignia. 

"Smokey... I've always loved you... but I'd been a Decepticon from the st-" Before you could finish explaining yourself, he rushed to your side and pulled you into a death grip like hug. 

"I've missed you so much." He said in a restricted voice, his voice box pushing down sobs as he caressed your helm. 

"I've missed you too Smokey." You choked out as you returned the hug. 

"I love you." You both whispered, laying your fore helms on each others. 

"And nothing in this world can change that." You muttered as you held him close, your hand turning into a blade quietly and biting your lip. 

It had to be done. Long live the Decepticons.