That Game We Call High School(12)

Chapter Twelve

Sick Little Games

*****************************

Every single person, or being, on this earth, is in the middle of some kind of game. May it be the game of popularity, lonership, high school, or just the game of life. 

The reason things like that are a game, is that they're complex. Make the right move, you're okay. Make the wrong move and.. Well, sucks for you. There's always that person that puts in a sick twist in these 'games'. May it be the head cheerleader, or a friend. They'll give it that bittersweet feeling, making you unsure whether to cry, or to smile at the world.

Like, someone saying, "Oh, look. She finally got a boyfriend." You're happy that they're talking about how you got a boyfriend, and you're proud of him. But, then, you're hurt at the same time about how they stressed the word 'finally'.

Maybe bittersweet isn't so sweet after all?

~*~

"'Cause, ohh, I know all about your type, your the type a girl that texts all day and talks all night. And, ohh, I know that you are feeling sad, I don't feel bad. 'Cause even after three text messages, four missed calls, you still slept with my best friend." I sang along to my iPod as I walked up to the school, just imagining the guy from NeverShoutNever sing this song to my sister. Laughing out loud at the thought, someone came beside me.

"Liam?" I asked quizzically, while looking up to him. "Don't I just usually meet you at my locker?.." My voice trailed off, waiting for an answer as I put my iPod on pause and took out my earbuds. 

He smirked, nodding. "It's just your amazing singing and insane laughing was just such a turn on, that I had to come over here." He joked, making me laugh. I made sure that it wasn't in an insane manner. "So, who were you listening to?"

Looking down, embarrassed, I mumbled, "NeverShoutNever." 

He started laughing, as if it was some big funny thing. "Seriously?! He bites." That earned a slap to the stomach from me to him, making him lurch over, clutching his stomach.

"You're one to talk, Justin Bieber." I said, beginning to walk away, until a strong hold came onto my wrist. "What the flip a-"

He cut me off. "What did you just call me?" He asked darkly. His mint-green eyes showed amusement, though.

Smirking, I spoke innocently, "Well.. I believe I called you Justin Bieber.. But it could've been Jesse McCartney.." I placed a finger on my chin, as if I was thinking something through.

He rolled his eyes, "Please. Jesse McCartney's your brother." He let go of my wrist as I began laughing. 

"That's so ironic, because I always compare him to Jesse McCartney in my mind!" Quickly, I added, "JustlikeIcompareyoutoJustinBieber." And began sprinting forward, knowing I just basically asked for my own personal death certificate. Signed by the killer, Liam Mathers. 

"You can't run! But you can hide!" He yelled at me, sounding like a complete pumpkin. Wasn't it the other way around? Never mind, I wasn't one to judge. Considering I just said that someone sounded like a pumpkin.. He did, though! 

I understood what he meant when he caught up to me, wrapping his arms around me, and immobilizing my arms in the process. He meant that I would be able to hide, but I couldn't run faster than him. So, in result, he caught me. Now it all made sense.