That Game We Call High School(5)

Chapter Five

Never Ever Say Forever

*****************************

Things promised in life: Heartbreak, hurt, and death. Things most likely to happen in life: Love, laughter, understandings. Kind of like that whole pessimist vs. optimist with the glass half-way full thing, right?

Well, there's also another promise in life. Nothing lasts forever. Even if someone says that they'll love you forever, they're lying. Because everyone will eventually die before forever happens, which will be never. Forever is exactly like infinity, everlasting and stopping at nothing. But.. What happens when forever ends? When infinity is?

When you and the other person dies?

You, or they, just broke their promise.

~*~

Getting up, I did my normal morning routine. Besides closing my blinds, since my mother was out of town. Yawning, I straightened and brushed through my hair. Following was placing my contacts into my eyes, but they decided to create complications. So it took me about twice as long, considering I couldn't just wear my glasses. Why? Oh, no reason. They were just stepped on by a huge butt-wad. My eyes were red, looking like I just got over crying. Groaning of exasperation, I went to look through my clothes in a hurry. Rushingly, I put on a thick-strapped white tank top and a gray off-the-shoulder long sleeve, with some black dance pants. After slipping on my black converse, I grabbed my bag and ran through the door, forgetting about not putting any makeup on until I was halfway to the school.

Pulling out my tiny mirror, I quickly applied bright red lip stainer, black regular eyeliner, and grey and black eyeshadow. What was with grey, black, and me mixing together today - No idea. But, I liked it, because then my lips stood out more distinctly. Clipping my contact mirror shut, I slid it along with my makeup into my bag, and walked up to the school's front entrance. People looked at me strangely as I walked in, causing me to raise my eyebrows at every one of them. Rude, probably. But they don't care when they're rude to me, so, not my problem.

Once I walked up to my locker, my jaw practically dropped. It was covered in printed out 'I'm Sorry's in tons of different fonts, and colors, then banners and pieces of paper.. Liam! Groaning, I began heading to his locker. Yes, I knew where his locker was. Only because whenever we left Chemistry, he walked the same way as me until he stopped at his locker, while I kept walking.

He smirked at me, watching me walk up irritably. His friends that were crowding around him - mostly blondes begging for attention - didn't even notice until I literally shoved them aside, making them stumble and fall; all of them seemed to make a nasty remark to me. But, that didn't bother me. Not today.

Finally, the words shrieked out of my mouth. "What did you do to my freaking locker?!" My voice came out high-pitched and threatening. Though, Liam didn't look the slightest bit threatened, leaning lazily against his locker.

His shoulders come up and down in a shrug. "You told me to prove it, didn't you?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"Not like that!" I yelled again, but lower this time, motioning violently towards my locker down the hall. Yes, even it was visibly noticeable from here.

He narrowed his eyes, standing up straight again. "Then how else am I supposed to prove it?" His voice was low and hard, making me swallow just a bit. Just because I had heard that voice so many times, seen that look so many times before he humiliated me. Tears stung my eyes as I felt my face burn from the tears being resisted to fall. I swallowed again, licking my dry lips and biting my bottom one nervously; my gaze never leaving his.