74

*TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINED A SUICIDE ATTEMPT*

===============================================

"I have to break up with you," Hyun Ae repeated, looking at Namjoon with teary eyes, blurring her vision.

"I'm sorry Namjoon, but it's the best for us."

"You're kidding me, right? You're just playing around-" Namjoon paused, his breath hitched when her head hung lowly and she began to shake her head. "Baby, look at me."

"I am breaking up with you, I'm sorry."

"No, baby, no. Please no. I don't want to break up with you. I still love you-"

"But I don't! I hate you, I hate you! I told you before, that ever since we met, nothing has been going well for me! My life! Everything! Problems come one after another! I can't do it anymore! I'm done! I'm done with everything around me! All I wished, for now, is for you to GET OUT!"

With all her strength, Hyun Ae pushed Namjoon's arms away as she ran out of the studio, directly towards her room in tears.

Hyun Wook, who was in the kitchen, saw everything.

He quickly grabbed Namjoon, who was going after Hyun Ae, crying hard.

"Hyun Wook, she wanted to leave me! She wanted to leave me! Let me go!" he cried, trying to free himself from Hyun Wook's grip as Hyun Ae slammed her room's door shut.

"Hyung, stop! Calm down!" Hyun Wook said, still holding Namjoon on the spot, not letting him go.

"No, I can't! She's breaking up with me-"

"Namjoon hyung! Keep in mind that she's mentally crushed now! Who am I supposed to calm down if both of you broke down like this?!" Hyun Wook frowned, dragging the heartbroken guy toward the kitchen area.

"Get a hold of yourself first. M-Maybe she needs to just... stay away from you for a while. She had gone through a lot, hyung. The most impact Seorim had is on her. Her, alone," Hyun Wook explained, but Namjoon won't stop crying.

"That's why I'm here! I don't want her to be alone-"

Hyun Wook let out a loud sigh as he patted Namjoon's shoulder. "Take a deep breath. I know it's all happening too fast for you, but please... Give her some time. Maybe she just... blurted it out without thinking much. You know, when stress built up..."

"What if she really means it? She said that she's done with everything," Namjoon sniffed, and his cry began to settle down a bit.

Hyun Wook shook his head as he poured water into a glass, bringing it to Namjoon.

He took a gulp and stared at the half-filled glass while being watched by Hyun Wook.

"I caused her troubles. She was right. It's all because of me," Namjoon mumbled after a long silence, still staring at the glass. "If only I never met her, Seorim won't have to do such things to her."

"Please, don't think it like that," Hyun Wook sighed, and he looked over his shoulder at his sister's room.

Suddenly the feeling of worry overwhelmed him.

"Let me just... go check on her," he whispered, not even bothering about Namjoon's response.

He quickly made his way to the door, knocking on it repeatedly.

"Noona? Hyunnie noona? Noo-"

He stopped and put his ear closer to the door.

The clear sound of the heavy shower then followed by a metal clanking against tiles caught his attention. He hastily grabbed the knob, trying to open the door. But it was locked.