28

"WATCH OUT!"

Jungkook swiftly got onto his feet and rushed towards the guy, pinning him back against the wall.

He then lost his grip on the brick and immediately changed his focus to Jungkook.

The young boy barely dodged the sudden knee kick that the guy initiated. But he wasn't fully aware of what was to come next.

Tight grips on his shirt made him lose his footing, and the next thing Jungkook found himself laying on the ground, left cheek scratched against the asphalt road, wincing in pain.

He began to sit up, but he was pushed back down onto the road by a foot on his back.

But it wasn't for that long when suddenly someone in white appeared from nowhere and pushed the guy off of Jungkook, immediately pinning him down against the road.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I got him," Henry breathed out, as he locked the guy's arm behind him.

The maknae sat up, gasping for air heavily.

"Where were YOU?" Yoongi asked as he glared at Henry, feeling upset with the one who was always there with Hyun Ae.

"I guessed he's also the one who blocked the only way for me to drive the car out," Henry said, as he stood up, dragging the guy up along with him.

"Hey, Henry. My old friend. You're here too?" the guy asked in a mocking tone as he glanced over his shoulder at Henry.

"What are you doing here, Adrian?!"

"Well, just wanted to visit our lovely old friend, Hyun Ae. Can't I?"

Henry turned to Hyun Ae and saw how terrified she was in Yoongi's hug, visibly shaking as she sobbed.

"What did you do to her?!" Henry muttered through his gritted teeth, only to be responded to by Adrian's maniac laugh.

"Just... a touch-"

Henry was irritated and he roughly pushed Adrian hard against the wall, facing the concrete.

"You want me to throw you into jail again, huh?! You psycho! Just stop! Stop bothering her!"

"Because of her, my dream crumbled to pieces," Adrian hissed, trying to free himself from Henry's grip.

"If only you didn't do anything stupid that night, no one's dreams turned to pieces. We all could make it. I warned you, but you didn't hear me, did you?" Henry reminded him, as he loosened his grip on the old friend.

Adrian turned around and met with Henry's eyes. He chuckled, then shifted his eyes at someone that was on the ground. With the love of his life in another man's hug.

"As for you," Adrian let his gaze fall upon Yoongi. "I'll get you next time. On another business."

Out of the blue, a black van appeared out of nowhere with its door already opened.

Suddenly, Adrian pushed Henry to the side as he dashed towards the van and immediately entered it, shutting the door behind as the van sped away, leaving all of them perplexed.

"Hey!!!" Henry yelled out as he tried to run after it but immediately stopped as the thought of his terrified friend came into his mind.

He ran back to the alley and approached Hyun Ae, who was still sobbing as both Yoongi and Jungkook were trying to calm her down.

"Hyun Ae, you're okay? What did he do to you?" Henry asked in a soft voice, patting her back slowly as he hoped for a response from her.

"You guys know him?" Yoongi started to ask, getting Henry's attention to him.

"I'll... tell you more. But first, let's get her home safely," Henry suggested, as he began to stand up along with Hyun Ae. Yoongi helped her a bit as they all stood up and he let her lean against his shoulder.

"Yoongi hyung, let me carry her," Jungkook offered, as he grabbed her arm.

"No, I can walk- Jungkook ah!" Hyun Ae shrieked as the boy suddenly picked her up in bridal style.

"No, noona. Just... no," he whispered, as he stared into her teary eyes. Hyun Ae looked down at her hands, still sobbing.

They all began to walk back towards her shop, and the sight of Henry's car parked in front of her shop came into their view.

Along the way to the car, Henry picked up Hyun Ae's shoes and bag and then passed them to Yoongi.

"You can sleep if you want to. I'll wake you up if we're home. You must be tired," Jungkook spoke softly to Hyun Ae as Henry opened the back door so Jungkook could enter with her.

Yoongi entered the front passenger's seat as they waited for Henry to fully pull the shop shutter down. He glanced at the back seat, only to find Jungkook caressing Hyun Ae's head as she slept on his lap.

Soon after, Henry entered the driver's side and began to drive away.

"Now tell me," Yoongi began to speak as Henry stopped the car at the junction, exiting towards the main road.

"That was Adrian. He was... a friend of ours during our academy years," Henry began, eyes stuck on the road as he continued. "And for all those times when we always are together in every class, day by day he slowly began to develop feelings for her. This, of course, she didn't know about it at first. Only I did."

The car came to a stop when the traffic light showed red. Henry took this halt as the opportunity to glance over his shoulder to see sleeping Hyun Ae before he went on.

"But even with those feelings, he couldn't stop himself from being jealous whenever Hyun Ae got compliments from the teachers and chefs so that one kinda made him mad. It had turned him into a psycho who became super obsessed with her, both good and bad intentions."

The light turned green, and Henry made a left turn as he let out a sigh.

"To make a long story short, at first I thought it was fine and normal, so I supported him. One day, Hyun Ae came up to me and began to tell me things about a 'stalker' that always lurks around the female dorm at night. And then one night..." he paused.

Yoongi had noticed Henry's grip on the steering wheel became tightened and his jaw clenched.

"She was alone in her room. Her roommate had gone home for that weekend. And of all nights... he snuck into the female dorm and went to her room... to kidnap her."

"Wow. That's... a psycho indeed," Jungkook finally voiced out, his eyes falling back upon the sleeping girl on his lap.

"He was a very insane guy that night. He would do anything to get her. Thankfully, that night she was quick to dial my number, and I was listening to the whole situation as I waited for the police to come after I called them. In the end, he got caught and the academy officially expelled him a few days after that incident. They even searched his house and his room... phew, You guys wouldn't want to know."

"And since then Adrian blamed her for crushing his dream to be a chef, and she went through a hard time, like... depression. Some people thought that she was an attention seeker and so on, and I was there for her the whole time. Who would've thought that he's here now, in Korea... looking for her?"

Suddenly it became quieter as Henry made another left turn. Time passed by so fast, that they didn't even realize that they were in Hyun Ae's neighborhood.

The car then began to make its climb up the hill road, towards her house, when Henry began to say:

"So now, we knew that he's here, let's keep our eyes on her. She might be in danger."

*******************************************************************

Please support me on Ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/nanamirai and get more snippets on the writing process of ongoing works!

Follow me on social media Instagram : itsme.nanamirai & Tiktok : itsmenanamirai

You can also find me on AO3 : itsme_NanaMirai & Quotev : itsmeNanaMirai

Last but not least, thank you for reading!

Borahae, Nana <3