40

Hyun Ae froze. So did Namjoon.

They were close. They could notice that none of them were even breathing. For them, everything had stopped.

Hyun Ae began to relax her body, and Namjoon could feel how comfortable she was being in his arms now. Like a magnet, they began to move closer slowly, reducing the distance between them. Their eyes began to close, as their lips almost touched-

Ring. Vibrate. Ring. Vibrate.

"Oh. Um..." Hyun Ae whispered, quickly moving away from him, and so did Namjoon.

Both of them began to sit up properly and made sure there was a distance between them. Both of them looked away awkwardly, and Hyun Ae almost forgot about her vibrating phone.

Looking at the caller ID, she sighed.

"Hello?!" she answered in an annoyed voice, but still not more than a whisper. "Why are you calling me?! Why do you have to call me for such- Hyun Wook? Park Hyun Wook!"

She let out a disbelief chuckle, and glanced at her phone, realizing that Hyun Wook had ended the call.

At the same time, also realized that the person she almost kissed was still beside her. They weren't brave enough to say a word to break the awkwardness, so they still looked away from each other.

This is not good. So not good. If this continues, it's not going to be good. Oh god, Park Hyun Ae. What were YOU thinking? Now Namjoon is going to hate me for real. For trying to kiss him-

"Um... shouldn't you... go?" Namjoon suddenly spoke, finally. Though mumbling, it was enough to break the silence. "Hyun Wook is waiting... right?"

"Ah yes," she responded, picking her bag up as she slipped her phone into it. She turned to him and quickly bowed down. "I-I-I see you soon," she said, standing up and grabbing onto her bag so tight.

"Y-Y-Yeah..." With that answer from him, Hyun Ae suddenly turned around and began to walk away as quickly as she could. He watched her getting farther away, and let out a long sigh as he lay down on the grass.

"Hah... Hyun Wook. Do you really have to interrupt us?" he grunted, and then a smile crept up his face as he remembered the moment back. He bit his lips when the image of Hyun Ae's lips came into his mind, and it had stuck in his head forever. "Fool... I'm a fool. Maybe... I do like you. More than just an ARMY."

Giggling, he began to place his arms behind his head when he saw tangled earphones right beside him.

"Oh no, she left her earphones," he said, confirming it as he sat up and examined it. "Yep, it's hers."

He stood up, and after clearing his throat and dusting away some invisible dirt on his back, then styling his hair to one side, he was about to walk when a hand grabbed him from behind.

"Wait!"

***

"Where is she, Hyun Wook?" Henry asked, pacing across the café back and forth, clearly worried.

"I called her. She'll be back soon because I told her that I'm hungry," Hyun Wook casually replied, finishing an order and then passing it to one of the waiters.

"I'm going to pick her up."

"She can come back by herself," Hyun Wook pointed out, as Henry grabbed his car keys from the counter.

"Whatever. She's out there, with an idol she got rumored with, which is still the talk of the day. We don't know what would happen to them."

"If she's with Namjoon hyung, it's fine. Don't worry."