53

"She's been serious. Is she okay?" Jimin whispered to Jungkook beside him, as they eyed Hyun Ae through the rear-view mirror, looking stern as she focused on the road.

"Maybe? She hadn't talked with us," the maknae whispered back, pouting as he carefully leaned back into his seat, trying to not make any sound against the leather seat.

"She's just being professional. Right, Namjoon?" Yoongi mumbled, glancing at Namjoon on his side, who also gave him a look.

"Look, someone should inform me that she was there," Namjoon grunted, with his clenched jaw. "It's not my fault that she came into my room during working hours while Seorim was there-"

"Oh, was she there for work? I didn't know that she was supposed to sit on you-"

"Hyun Ae!" Jin suddenly cut her words, and she abruptly stepped on the brake, preventing a collision with the car in front of them.

"Why are you like this? We haven't seen you for months, and then you acted like this on us?" Jin asked, shaking his head as she continued to drive to their next location.

"I'm just doing my job. Even though it's temporary," she pointed out, taking a quick glance at Namjoon through the rear-view mirror. Namjoon, who noticed this, snickered and crossed his arms.

"It's true. Do you have to bring that up again? I'm just stating what's right. Not just you're pretending to be someone else to get in with us; you also flirted with Yoongi hyung while being our 'manager'," Namjoon firmly said.

"We're just teasing each other. It's normal! Why are you mad about that?"

"I'm just reminding you about your job!"

"You also need to remind yourself that you're a leader. Aren't you supposed to be like, when I'm not there, you make sure that they're all ready? Isn't that true too?"

"Oh, so the reason why you're mad now is because I didn't make sure that they were all ready?"

"And also because you're busy snogging with your girl in your room!"

"Stop it, both of you. Now," Jin said, trying to be calm but it was clear how furious is he now. He shot a glare at Namjoon as well as Hyun Ae. "I don't want to take anyone's sides, because both of you are at fault."

The whole trip became quiet. Hyun Ae put all her focus back on the road, but it was obvious to Jin that she was trying to suppress her true emotions. He patted her shoulder, and that didn't get her attention at all. But he could feel her shaking.

"I'm sorry," she spoke, her breath staggering as she took it in."I'm such a drama queen. I shouldn't be playing around, because I'm the 'manager', you guys are the artists. I guessed that's another reason why I chose to be Park Kyung in the very first place. If I was Hyun Ae, I might be playing around with you guys, right? I won't be that pro."

No one said anything in response, so she just nodded right before she spotted an empty lot and parked. After she cut off the engine and unlocked the doors, she took a deep breath, trying to gather herself.

Jin stayed in the car with her for a while as the other got off the vehicle. When he was about to say something, she spoke and passed him their schedule clipboard.

"You guys should go first, I need to go to the bathroom real quick."

***

"Thanks for today. We're so grateful that Sejin-ssi looked for you to fill his place. We really couldn't find anyone who could do this aside from you and him," one of the management staff said to Hyun Ae.

"Nah, it's just nothing. Friends help each other, right?" Hyun Ae politely smiled and bowed to the staff. She then walked back to the waiting room, where the boys were.