71

Days passed by. Everything went back as it was.

Namjoon with his group, while Hyun Ae with her business development. When there was free time, they would spend their time together, may it be in public or at her place.

So Hyun Ae thought everything had already been back on the right track.

But that one morning had proved her wrong.

Hyun Ae ran down the street, with her phone against her ear, calling someone.

"Jaehee eonnie! I'm outside!" she breathed out, before entering the building.

She was right at the entrance of the agency when Jaehee appeared after unlocking the glass door.

"Oh goodness. Quick!" Jaehee nervously said, pulling her into the agency and immediately went to the elevator, pressing the floor where BTS was practicing.

Well, at least that was what they were supposed to do.

"Namjoon hyung, stop!"

Both Hyun Ae and Jaehee could hear Jimin yelling, saying 'stop' all over again from one of the practice rooms. And when Jaehee opened the door, as expected the group was in chaos.

Three of them held Namjoon away from Yoongi, who had Hoseok and Jimin holding him back.

"We did nothing! We were only hanging out!" Yoongi explained, sighing endlessly as his patience kept on going up and down.

"I thought you said you only went to her place. You never told me about you going out on a date with her!" Namjoon huffed, taking a step forward as Jungkook tightened his grip around the leader's arm.

"It's not a date! Namjoon, get a hold of yourself! Your jealousy is pointless!"

Hyun Ae quickly made her way toward them and approached Namjoon first, grabbing his now-tensed arm.

"Namjoon, please. What you've seen isn't what it is!" Hyun Ae quickly explained, clearly shaking when Namjoon stared down at her. "I just need to clear my mind! Namjoon, look. I agreed on hanging out with him because I needed to freshen up my mind."

Namjoon let out a sharp grunt as he shook off those who were holding him down. He took a step towards Hyun Ae and grabbed her hands as he noticed her backing away from him.

"Well, you could do that alone, you don't have to go out with someone. I'm worried about people seeing you with anyone of us," he began, looking down at the small, shaking hands in his large ones. "You're taking this matter too lightly. This thing is everywhere now, and actions might be taken against both of us. It will be stressful for me if they ban you from seeing me or..."

Namjoon sighed heavily, as he began to let go of her hands slowly before continuing to voice out his concerns.

"Look, Hyun Ae, I... I wanted everything to be okay for us. But... if you ever think about the effect on me... my career..."

The room went silent. Hyun Ae could only stare at the tall guy, not knowing what to feel at that time. So a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"So... Is it wrong for me to hang out with my friends? I'm not like you. I'm not the world's attention. I'm just... a girl," she whispered, wiping that one tear before nodding her head. "I'm sorry. I'll make sure to lock myself up in the house next time."

Not wasting any more time, Hyun Ae walked past him as more tears began to fall down her cheeks and left the room.

Jaehee kept on calling her name as she ran after her, leaving the whole group behind.