16

"Well, though I dated once, that was just like... you know. Fling?" Hyun Ae told Yoongi as he closed the door behind them. "But that mysterious guy..."

Yoongi glanced at her, witnessing how sparkling her eyes were when she mentioned the mysterious guy.

"His heroic action made me go head over heels for him," she continued, as they made their way toward the kitchen area where the others were.

Then she sighed, sadness replacing her happiness. "Not knowing where he is now and his name... I don't know about this feeling anymore."

"Wah, Jin hyung! They all looked delicious!" Jungkook complimented, in excitement as he took a seat on a stool at the counter.

The others began to sit down around the extended marble counter where the dinner was set out by Jin.

"Wow. You're really a good cook," Hyun Ae gasped, her eyes admiring each of the dishes that were made by Jin.

She sat on a stool beside Jungkook as she looked up at Jin, sitting across from her. Their eyes met, then she put her hands on her chest and chuckled, being overly dramatic. "Please be my husband."

"Ey, don't say that," Jin laughed, looking down at his bowl, fiddling with the chopsticks he had in his hand.

"Oooh, someone's blushing," Hoseok teased, nudging his elbow at Jin's side.

"S-Shut up."

"You like that, huh?" Hoseok added, wiggling his brows at the elder. In instant, Jin snatched away Hoseok's bowl, placing it at the far end of the counter. "Fine, fine! Please give it back to me!"

In the midst of their harmonious laughter, suddenly the doorbell rang. All went silent, heads turning at the door.

"Oh? Who's that?" Hyun Ae asked. "Jungkook ah, can you get the door?"

Jungkook sighed, then said, "I know I'm strong, but I still need to use some tools to get that door to you-"

"Do you want me to shove this spoon down your throat?" Hyun Ae asked with her gritted teeth, holding up her spoon in front of the young's face before tapping the metal on his nose. Hardly.

"Fine, fine! I was just kidding," he laughed, climbing down his seat, and hurriedly made his way to the front door. As he touched the LCD screen to see who was ringing the bell from the gate outside, he was surprised. "Oh?"

"Who is it?" Hyun Ae called out as she turned in her seat.

"Namjoon hyung."

*

Silent. The only word needed to describe the atmosphere in Nova House.

Ever since Namjoon came for the dinner after being called by Jin secretly, every joyous moment earlier went dead. The last word each of them had said was 'let's eat', and then silence came. And it was already three minutes.

"Huh," Jin sighed, clearly couldn't take it anymore. "Can anyone please start talking? This is not like we always are," he nagged, looking at each of them, including Hyun Ae, who had her eyes stuck onto her rice bowl, looking frustrated too.

"Namjoon ah, don't you have anything to say?" Jin sharply turned to Namjoon, who was sitting on his left side at the very end of the counter, concentrating on having his meal.

"Say what?" he mumbled, looking up at Jin blankly. Acting blankly.

"Seriously?!" Jin sighed, crossing his arms over his chest, and stared at the leader before he motioned his eyes to Hyun Ae.

"I'm..." Namjoon muttered under his breath, and then he looked over at her, who was picking up some carrots for Jungkook and a piece of meat for Yoongi on her left, trying to ignore the guy who she had an issue with.