30

"Hyun Ae had contacted you?" Henry asked Yoon Hee, as he buttoned his shirt's cuff neatly while making his way toward the counter.

"Well, the last thing she texted me a few days ago was that she had finished with the documents and will take a day or two off, and to not worry about her. Then that's it. She never texted me back, but referring to what she had told me, she's supposed to be in today," Yoon Hee explained, folding the clean cloth in her hand before wiping the countertop clean, getting the café ready before starting the business.

"How could we not worry about her after that night? Plus, today is the presentation day," he sighed, shaking his head when the door opened with a ringing sound, getting his attention. "Oh, Jungkook ah. Namjoon-ssi."

"Henry hyung, is Hyun noona in?" Jungkook asked with a  worried look that was clear on his face. "I've been texting her but there are no replies."

"No, she's not here. It has been two days now that she hadn't come in," Henry said with a sigh.

"What?" Jungkook muttered, before immediately turning back towards the door, but Henry grabbed his arm, stopping him from leaving.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"To her house, where else?"

"No need to. She said she was fine. The last time Yoon Hee got her text, she said that she might be in today."

"Really? I'm going anyway," Jungkook affirmingly said, and Henry's grip on his arm loosened.

"If you guys are going..." Henry paused a moment and walked towards a table on his right side and grabbed a paper bag, and then passed it to Namjoon. "Bring this to her, and tell her not to be late. It's an important day."

***

"Hyung, why don't you get in first? I'll turn this car around so it won't be hard for me later," Jungkook told Namjoon as they arrived outside Hyun Ae's place.

After he climbed off the vehicle, Namjoon pressed on the doorbell, but there were no responses, so he turned the doorknob, only to find out that it was broken.

He speechlessly stared at the loose doorknob and then shrugged.

"Nah. Not my fault... I think?" With that, he walked towards the house and pressed the doorbell.

A few minutes later, the door suddenly opened. But instead of a familiar girl, a guy appeared from behind the door.

Namjoon was startled as he stood there, froze on the spot.

That guy was as tall as Namjoon himself, wearing a blue shirt and loose beige pants, with styled hair that made him look like an idol. At least, to Namjoon's eyes.

"Um... hi. I'm looking for... Hyun Ae?" Namjoon finally spoke after clearing his throat, despite being nervous for no reason.

"Ah. Who are you?" the guy asked with a cocked eyebrow, crossing his arms over his obviously built-up chest.

"Huh? I'm Kim Namjoon, her friend."

"Really?" the guy asked, his eyes squinted at the word 'friend'.

Namjoon shook his head and then sighed. "May I know who you are?"

The guy chuckled, then stood up straight as he held out his hand to Namjoon and smirked. "Just call me Wook. I'm Hyun Ae's long-distance fiancé."

"What?" Namjoon mumbled, his eyes widened and somehow he felt his body shake for a moment there. Hoping that he was dreaming.

"You heard me clearly. I am her fiancé. Now, if you could just turn around and leave-"

Suddenly the sound of something hitting the back of the guy's head, made him shriek in pain.