Chapter 3🌼

Dedicated to allshadesofdee

Kike's POV

"Ko! ko! ko!" I stirred awake as I heard the annoying voice of our compound cleaner.

I hissed before getting up and walking towards the door while cleaning my face for possible drools.

"Good day, Mummy Haisha" I greeted her forcing up a smile across my face.

"Ehhhh!! Save your greetings. The landlord said that you are the only flat that hasn't paid for your monthly compound cleaning, together with the washing of toilet." She spat rudely.

I knew this would happen. We are still looking for money for the NEPA bills, I wonder how we would pay this woman. I know she won't leave here without causing a scene.

"Mummy Haisha, you see, we don't have the money right now but I promise you that by tomorrow evening, we would come up with the fund." I explained to her calmly.

"He! He! Ma fun mi niyen!! I don't want any explanations. Just go and get me my money before I shout and call all your neighbours" She threatened as I looked around in confusion.

What do I do? God, please save us from embarrassment and disgrace.

I was in a complete dilemma as she started reigning curses on me.

"Oloriburuku! Oniranu! Ko ni da fun e! Ko ni da fun baba e nà" She hurled as I pleaded and she kept increasing her voice to attract attention.

"Madam, please stop all this" I heard an old man say to mummy Haisha as I took in deep breaths and I calmed down a little.

"He he! Oga, ke mind business yin, ke gbe enu oshi soun" Mummy Haisha,insulted the old man as I stepped in.

What a disrespectful woman? I was the one she had problem with not the innocent old man.

"Ma, I am the one you have issues with, please don't insult this man, he was trying to help" I spoke to her as she eyed me, keeping quiet.

"Madam, how much do they owe you?" The man asked as I stood there silently.

"2000naira" She mentioned as she glared at me again.

"Here you go madam, 2,000naira. You may leave now." He commanded as she snatched the money from his hands walking away with a cold stare on me.

"But sir, you shouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry for causing you such embarrassment " I apologized sincerely as he gave me a warm smile, assuring me it wasn't a problem.

"I'm hoping you can assist me. I'm here to see a young girl, Mr Adegun's granddaughter? " He asked as I raise my eye brows.

"Ehrm, sir, I am his granddaughter sir. I am Kike by name sir" I told him while bending to greet him in respect but he signalled me to get up.