Chapter 29🌼

Rotimi's POV

"Excuse me, sir" I heard a female voice snap me out of my deep thoughts.

I looked up to see my secretary, standing there with a couple of files in her hands and some revealing clothes on.

"I wanted to drop these files. Also, you seem disoriented sir. Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked with a smile as she dropped down the files, pushing her chest forward to make it appear larger.

"Yeah, actually. I would like one favour please." I told her forcing a smile up but I couldn't carry on, so I just stopped smiling.

"Do leave my office, and cancel all my meetings for today. I'm sure you can do that, right?" I asked as she looked stunned at my words.

She immediately covered up her disappointed face and nodded before turning away.

I heaved out a sigh as I thoughts began to run through my head yet again.

"She hasn't shown any sign of recovery"

The doctor's voice kept echoing in my head.

* * * * * * *
Remi's POV

"Hey" I said shyly as I tapped Teni's back as she turned towards me.

Her facial expression definitely wasn't a pleasant one.

She just stared at me, as if she was trying to believe something.

Her eyes held disappointment as she stayed silent for a while, which got me worried.

She probably thinks I'm a whore.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her worriedly.

She took in a deep breath before she addressed me in a harsh tone.

"I hope your bags are ready, you should go back to your town" Teni said in a monotone as my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked her, probably it was just my ears or I'm just imagining things.

It couldn't be because of what she saw, right?

"You heard me. You need to leave before you cause anymore damage" She said raising her voice a bit.

I was dumbfounded. I didn't know how to react or if all thus was really happening.

"Whhha... I don't understand, is this a joke?" I said with a tense laughter hoping it was but her face tokd me otherwise.

After a long silence, I finally realised that this was really happening.

Teni hated my guts!

"Aren't you even ashamed of yourself? Your boyfriend just tried to kill your best friend less than 2 months ago and the next thing you do is to whore around with Ayo, who has been nothing but a wonderful friend to you?" She asked me with her eyes welling out with tears as if she was the one listening to those hurtful words.

I gasped in disbelief as I shook my head, deciding to explain, afterall, it was Teni, one of the closest friends to me.

"I... I...."But once I opened my mouth to talk, I couldn't figure out what exactly I was going to explain.

She was right, I really am just whoring around.

She cleaned her face with a little handkerchief before giving me an awful glare.

"Look, I know Ayo and I'm sure all these bad occurrences is just getting to his head, so much that he is making a mistake. You shouldn't get carried away, he doesn't harbour any feelings for you, you are just a tool to make him forget about his dying friend. Also, don't mistake his pity for love."She said emotionlessly as she adjusted the handle of her hand bag.