Chapter 28🌼

Remi's POV

"I would never forgive myself. I caused this. I never meant any of what I said. I was hurt, Can you ever forgive me?" I sobbed holding unto the feet of my unconscious best friend.

The surgery had been performed but we could only know if it was successful if she wakes up.

It's been a month. She still hadn't woken up. She was in a coma and her life solely depends on the life support machine beside her.

Seun still hasn't been caught by the police. Teni had been pressuring the police to search harder for him but all efforts proved futile.

Rotimi had become a complete mess. If he wasn't in the hospital at Kike's side, he was out drinking. Just like I do, he feels all this is his fault. He feels if he hadn't been stressing her out with his unreasonable demands, and taking care of her health instead, all this would have been avoided.

Ayo, like the nice friend he is, he was always keeping a close eye on Rotimi. Rotimi was vulnerable, we couldn't predict what he can do.

I knew Rotimi had fallen in love with Kike.

Look how unexpected life could be. I felt bad for Rotimi. I couldn't imagine how he must feel, watching Kike in this state and not being able to do anything about it.

I, on the other hand, spent most of my time with Kike, because even though I would love to be with Kike, I had to fulfil the one thing I had promised her when she got her job.

Her grandfather wasn't aware of Kike's state. I didn't have the courage to tell him, and I'm not sure I will when I get back. I would just take care of him, and make sure he's okay, because he also wasn't in a great state too.

I felt so guilty that it was my words and actions that drove her into this coma.

At this thought, my face fell as I shredded more tears.

"I should be in this state and not you" I confessed my feelings and thoughts as I felt incredibly somber.

Suddenly, I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder as I raised my head up, dazed at the sudden touch.

I wiped my tears away as i turned to face the person.

"If Kike could hear us right now, I'm sure she won't be happy at what you just said" Ayo told me as I looked away from him.

I looked at him, as I fell short of words.

He was right. And I knew it.

"Rem, You know I'm right. I'm always right" He told me as I looked away, standing up and turning to walk away.

Uhhh, my mood is now worse.

I halted in my steps as I recalled him calling me 'Remʼ.

"It's Remilekun" I corrected as my expression turned from sadness to anger.

"Are you seriously still angry with me?" He asked me as ignored his question before walking away.

Yes, I m still very angry.

"Yes." I said curtly as he blocked my way from leaving.

"She told me not to tell anyone. I'm so sorry. I already feel awful enough. Can't you just forgive, already? " He pleaded as I crossed my arms and faced him with a plain expression on my face.

"I'll think about it!" I told him as a little smile returned to his face before I turned and walked away.

* * * * * * *