Chapter 22🌼

Ayo's Pov

Ayo's Pov

I have never been so confused, in my life.

I couldn't tell Remi about Kike's illness neither could I tell Kike about Remi's psychopathic boyfriend.

What scares me is that Kike could die, if she didn't have the surgery fast.

I tried to talk her into telling Rotimi, because I know he wouldn't just watch her die. Apart from humanity, Rotimi has changed drastically. Every year, he would maneuver his way out of the trip but thus year, he was quite willing.

I see how he cares for Kike, and the shocking part is I could never have imagined Kike was his maid.

Kike made me promise not to tell anyone, and apart from the fact I care for her as a close friend, it is her right to tell anyone she pleases and if she doesn't want to, I must respect that.

“Sir, we are closed. You may come back tomorrow” The bartender asked me as I nodded in understanding before walking out the door, after grabbing a couple more of alcohol.

I hope Kike changes her mind before it's too late.

* * * * *
Remi's POV

Nosy guy.

Why won't he just mind his business?

He mustn't tell Kike o, her mind is already occupied with her boss, and everything.

I would have to solve this problem on my own.

I felt my face as I winced. Then I figured, I had nowhere to go.

I was staying in Seun's house for the meantime, till I left back for my home.

Oh Gosh.

I stared at my phone, as I expected to see a missed call but I didn't see any.

He should have called by now, saying this was a mistake and he couldn't bare the thought of me with someone else.

But maybe this time, he is really done with me.

And so am I.

I walked around for a while, before heading right back from where I was coming from.

I knocked on the door, hoping he was still home.

“Nobody should come in here. I'm not accepting any visitors” He said slurring as I sighed before turning around.

Wait, was he slurring?

“Ayo, are you drunk?” I yelled so he could hear me from inside.

“Do I look drunk?” Ayo asked as he opened the door, leaning on the door pane.

Yep. With those drowsy eyes, red eyes and wobbly legs.

“Extremely” I said laughing.

“Come in” He said curtly as I walked into his house.