Father and Son

The next day arrived and Lloyd woke up. He woke Haru up and gave him a nice and warm bath.

"You still have Royal Duties today?" Haru asked.

"Yes.But we can spend time at breakfast,lunch,and dinner." Lloyd said.

"Yay!!" Haru shouted and splashed Lloyd.

"Hey!!" Lloyd shouted and giggled.

"Sorry,daddy." Haru apologized.

"It's ok,Haru." Lloyd forgave and laughed a little.

After Lloyd finished giving Haru a bath, he dressed Haru up and put Haru on the chair at the table. Haru was very excited to eat with his father.

"Remember manners,Haru." Lloyd reminded.

"I remember,daddy." Haru said and started eating with Lloyd.

They both had fun talking to each other while they were having their breakfast. It wasn't much for Haru, but it sure was good enough for him. At least he got to spend some more time with his father, just like he always wanted.

"Do you really have to do your duties everyday?" Haru asked after they both finished eating.

"Yes,Haru.Royal duties are always a lot because we have the most important duty,we need to keep fighting for our home,for Ninjago." Lloyd said.

"Ok." Haru replied with sad expression.

2 minutes later, Lloyd continued to take his duty and Haru just read a book in the library. He found the book about being Royal.

"I'm gonna be just like daddy with this book." Haru said to himself and started reading and trying everything he saw in the book, but of course only the Prince and Emperor part.

He kept trying to do everything on the book. He managed to do some right, but didn't manage to do some right. But he didn't give up, he kept trying, and trying, and trying.

"What are you doing,Haru?" Cole asked.

"Trying everything in this book about how to become true royalty.I want to be just like daddy." Haru answered.

"It's not easy being an Emperor,Haru." Nya told Haru.

"Really?" Haru asked.

"Yep.You know why your father barely has any time to pay attention to you?" Kai asked.

"Because he's very busy." Haru answered.

"Yeah,and he has the hardest job.He needs to read,approve and disapprove,helps and protects his subjects,and everything." Cole said.

"That does sound hard." Haru said.

"Exactly.He mostly needs a break and he also wishes you and himself can spend more time together." Zane said to Haru.

"Does royalties have days off?" Haru asked.

"Not sure." Kai answered.

Meanwhile with Lloyd, he was reading the paper and about the people's suggestions for the city.

"Have the birthday party here.I'll try to arrange that." Lloyd said and wrote it down on the paper.

Haru looked at Lloyd reading the paper and saw the stack of papers.

"He really has a lot to do.I should help." Haru said to himself and walked to Lloyd.

"Daddy." Haru called.

"Yes,Haru?" Lloyd asked.

"Is it ok if I help?" Haru asked.

"If you like." Lloyd answered.

"Yay!" Haru shouted and sat next to Lloyd.

"So you need to read the papers first and approve,but not all.Just things that you think will be best for Ninjago." Lloyd told Haru.

"That sounds hard." Haru said.

"Royal duties aren't always easy." Lloyd replied.

"I see what you mean now,daddy." Haru said.

Lloyd giggled a little bit.

"I'm sure you can do it.Because this is the path for you." Lloyd said to Haru.

"I'm gonna be an Emperor one day?" Haru asked.

Lloyd nodded and Haru suddenly looked unhappy.

"Is something wrong,Haru?" Lloyd asked.

"I don't wanna be an Emperor." Haru answered.

"I'm sorry,Haru.But,it is the path for you.You're the only child in this palace,so even if we want to arrange that path for you,we can't." Lloyd said.

"Oh ok." Haru replied unhappily.

"Hey,cheer up.It's still very long until the time comes." Lloyd said while rubbing Haru's head.

Haru giggled and hugged Lloyd.

"I think I'll just play.I still can't do this." Haru said to Lloyd.

"Ok.I'll see you at lunch time." Lloyd replied.

Haru smiled and went to play with the ninja.

When it was lunch time, Lloyd took a break to have lunch with Haru and the ninja.

"That was pretty exhausting." Lloyd said.

"I see what you mean.It's not easy being an Emperor." Kai said.

"Ever since Harumi-" Kai said but Lloyd whispered.

"Kai!!" Lloyd whispered.

"Harumi?You mean the leader of the Sons of Garmadon?" Haru asked.

"How do you know her,Haru?" Lloyd asked.

"I read a book about her." Haru answered.

"Oh." Lloyd replied and his anxiety started to increase.

"Are you ok,daddy?" Haru asked.

"I'm ok,Haru.Don't worry." Lloyd answered.

"Ok." Haru replied and continued eating.

After they finished eating, Lloyd put Haru to sleep and put him on the bed in their room, then he went to his friends. Lloyd and the ninja talked about how they're going to keep the secret from Haru long enough.

"Maybe if someone keep their mouth shut,it'll be much easier!" Cole blamed Kai.

"I didn't mean to!" Kai complained.

"Guys,this is NOT helping!" Lloyd shouted to stop their argument.

"Lloyd's right.We need to find a way to-" Zane said but they heard a loud explosion.

"Where did that explosion sound come from?" Nya asked.

They went to check and it was the Sons of Garmadon.

"GUARDS,DEFEND THE PALACE!!!!" Lloyd yelled.

The Guards guarded every inch of the palace. Lloyd went to Haru's room and saw Harumi holding Haru. When Haru looked into Harumi's eyes, he thought of something.

"Mommy?" Haru asked.

Harumi was about to smile but Lloyd grabbed Haru from Harumi's arms.

"Lloyd,please listen!" Harumi begged.

"No.Leave!" Lloyd told Harumi.

"Daddy,is she-" Haru asked but Lloyd cut his question.

"Not now,Haru." Lloyd told Haru.

Harumi was about to go forward but she was worrying about Crystal and decided to leave early and that made Lloyd so confused.

"Why didn't she fight back?" Lloyd asked in his mind.

"Daddy." Haru called.

"Yes,Haru?" Lloyd asked.

"Was that my mommy?Because she looked like the woman in red gown in the picture." Haru asked.

"Umm.....I'll tell you at dinner." Lloyd answered.

"Ok." Haru agreed.