Why The New Guy (Edited)

The breeze of the house helped soothe my inflamed face; school was a total bust. The whole day of guiding Ted consisted of various girls claiming they could take my place. Believe me, I would love for them to switch me out, but Ted wouldn't allow it. At all. I mean the guy turned down Amber Springfield, the girl who gives girls tingles. What was special about an oily blonde-headed, short, average looking girl like me, when you've got Princess Diana at your feet? Then continuously drag me through the burden of being hated for the day.

All I wanted to do to forget about the whole affair, and the fact I had to do it again tomorrow, was to take a warm shower, and lay down.

"How was school?" Mandy asked.

Mandy was the windowing father stereotype stepmother. She was 25 years old, only 10 years older than me, and had the rack of Kate Upton. Then to top it off, she always wore this cheerleader ponytail, showing off her highlighted blonde hair. Always putting my tangled up mess to shame. I may hate her for her breathtaking hair, and perky breasts, but me and Mandy were pretty cool. She tries to make me like her all the time, so I go along with it. I'm not that mean of a person.

"Fine," I said.

It was obvious I wasn't fine, because I never skip my sandwich Mandy makes for when I get home. (Another "like me" bribe that she did)

"What happened?" Mandy called as I walked up the stairs.

"Nothing, I said I was fine."

She walked to the end of the stairs. I stopped to turn and look at her.

"Don't lie to me."

I sighed. "Okay," I walked back down the stairs. She grabbed a hold of my shoulders and hugged me. Since she was also taller than me my face met her breasts as she held on. Wow, literally rubbing my face in her glory.

"What's the matter?" she cooed releasing me.

"The new guy," I began.

"What about him?"

"He's beautiful!" I said crashing on the couch.

Mandy looked puzzled.

"What's the problem with that?" she said sitting next to me.

"I'm his guide."

"So that should be paradise."

"Not when he's popular."

"Popular? Already!"

Mandy was surprised. She too went to Northwood High when she was in school, and knew the struggles you had to go through to become not only popular, but liked in general there. It was something that most schools had smothered out when the 90s were over. Unfortunately, I was not that lucky in life, that my school would be one.

"So now you're upset because you can't date him?"

"No, I don't want to date him, he's a jerk," I said hopefully not blushing.

"Is that right?" she said sarcastically.

"Yes, it is."

"How do you know?"

"I don't but-"

"Well, you'll have no problem if the new neighbors came over."

"What? No, I don't see-"

I stopped myself from talking. What did new neighbors have to do with anything? Everything.

"No!" I said.

"Yes!" She smiled.

"Ughhh!" I screamed storming out of the living room.

"You're welcome," she called, "and he'll be nice from what I've seen. Don't just judge him so quick."