It's Back On (Edited)

"Highly."

"Well, it was just I got insecure."

"I know. I don't blame you."

"So, you wanna start over?"

"It's Back On."

"Okay, but this time we're gonna take it slow."

"Fine by me. Hello, I'm London Sparks."

"I'm Ted Allen."

He stopped.

"What happened to your eye?" He nearly gasped.

My reapplied make up must have been sweating off. I quickly turned my eye and blocked it with my hand.

"Nothing, I'm tired," I said trying to convince him it was from exhaustion. But he didn't buy it. He sat down next to me at the table.

"Who did this?" He said.

"No one."

"Come on who did it?"

"Zach," Scarlett said coldly.

He angrily shook his head.

"Don't do anything!" I said, "He's getting charged okay, its fine."

"It's not."

He stood up and stormed off. Was he going to beat a guy up who was being carried out by the police?

"Ted," I said.

I got up and followed him into the halls. Few people were walking around, so he made his way to the group. They were walking down the stairs with Zach in cuffs.

"You wanna hit girls?" Ted said.

"Ted stop."

"Sir step back," the unknown officer said.

"Hit me!" Ted yelled.

Then he punched him. He fell down the stairs. Crack.

"My arm!"

* * * *

(June, two and a half months later)

"That was something," I smiled.

"I know right," he chuckled.

Hundreds of others were walking out of the movie theater with us.

"We should see Truth Liar, I heard Jennifer Lawrence is in it," I said.

"I hate her movies."

"What! That's it, we're over."

He smiled, and wrapped his arm around my neck holding me closer. It was a miracle I hadn't kissed him yet. After weeks of dates, school finally ending, football games, Mandy trying to befriend me, and a lot of other stuff, our relationship finally had a time for blossoming.

"Besides, my mom wants me home before my cousin Victor comes tonight. He's a little off, so you should stay home."

"And if I don't."

"He'll probably kill you."

"You've got a way with words."

"What can I say, I'm a born poet."

Once at home, I sat and watched T.V., while Mandy and Dad were at work. My phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello love," Scarlett said.

I smiled, happy at how she's been getting better. After the rape, she wasn't the same girl. She never called, barely ate, looked tired, was nervous about everything, and wore various shades of grey. Now she smiled, looked alive, I felt happy right along with her.