I Understand (Edited)

In a passionate swirl our lips locked together. Tongues were added soon, an accomplishment I gladly claimed. Soon enough, after what seemed like hours, we had to resurface to get air.

We just stared, smiling.

"Now, was it that bad getting out?" I smiled.

"Not at all," he faintly chuckled, like he was mesmerized.

If he was, I had fainted and was dreaming, because I felt like the world had stopped just for me. I felt like the best person in the world.

"Now," he began, "we have something to continue."

He splashed a wave on me. Nearly drowning, I went under, and then sprung up surprising him with a slap of water in his face. We played around like children until the sun had disappeared from view almost completely. Now the only light was the refreshing glit of the lamps inside and surrounding the pool, mixed with the various room lights of some of the hotel suites.

"Want me to show you around still?" Ted asked as we climbed aboard the foundation of land.

"That sounds nice," I said, picking up the towel.

After I finished he grabbed it, and quickly dried himself. We walked to the changing area, and shortly returned to each other.

"Let's go," he said.

We walked out of the gate, onto the things area of beach that led to the parking lot. I looked to right at the extended ocean that we were standing so close to. I observed almost every parked car as we walked by it, all the way until we made it to the sidewalk of the city, put of the hotel area. From there, I turned my attention to the streets. Lit with beautiful lights of violent shades. All different colors and glowing all over the place. Even at night, the beauty of the palms still graced the scenery.

"So just how far is this place?" I asked, being frightened of walking a great distance (I lacked energy for that).

"It's not too far."

"Are we talking your version of far or my version of far?"

". . ."

"What?"

"Now that I think about it, it may be far."

He cracked up as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders; warm, soft yet strong, comforting. I was glad to say I felt safe. I wrapped mine around his back and pulled him tight, squeezing a smile out of us both.

We continued to walk, and after about ten minutes, we arrived. I would've stabbed him for making me walk the great distance, but the mood would have then been ruined. So I kept the self-pitty to myself.

"The Royal Hawaiian Center," Ted said as we stood in front of the modern era tropical mall. The palm trees leaned towards the entrance, like guards to a royal castle. Ironic to it's name.

"Just as beautiful as the hotel," I said.

"Wait until you get inside," he said walking.

We walked side by side into the window pane-like doors. Even though it was late at night, running around eight o'clock. We gathered in with the herd of them all, rushing the pathways like streams down and around the riverbanks.

"Wow, so many classy stores," I chuckled, laughing at the high-hat appearance of all the areas.

"I know," Ted agreed, "Jimmy Choo."

"Love Renaissance."

"Loro Piana."

"Forever XXI."