Mr. Ted Popular (Edited)

The world spun in frame by frame motion. It felt as if it moved slow enough for the wind to not be able to be felt. But we weren't. We were in our own time. Our speed unchanged. I lay cradled in his arms, laying on his bare chest. I couldn't help but ask myself did that just happen. And if it did, how would I know he wasn't lying.

I was unsure for the answer of both, but I continued to lie, basking in the hope that the answers were for the best turns.

"How will I know you won't leave me?" I stated with no tone.

"You won't," he said, "That's the joy of trust."

I lay quiet, thinking of his statement.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"I don't know if I trust you, but I sure have hope for you," I said.

"That's good enough," he exhaled.

* * * *

Do to the argument Ted and I had, his parents thought it would be best if we talked it out at home, not knowing that we already had done so. But we didn't object. Ted claimed he was getting too dark, even though we had only been there for three days out of the five, and I was tired of the swimming being the main attraction in our area. Peter and Diane didn't want to admit it, but they were tired of the scene as well. Just the day before we left, they had asked us would we like to leave, with no signal we wanted to, besides our argument. It was like they were waiting for a reason, which we gave.

I thought back over the trip as we sat in the plane.

"Ted, what did Drew say about me?" I spoke from nowhere, as if a second sun dawned on me. There was no real answer that I was looking for. To be honest I didn't know if I wanted an answer at all, but, something inside me did considering I had no input on my question.

"Why?" He asked in reasonable suspicion.

"No reason, I just wanted to know," I said.

"Oh, well there isn't much to know. He didn't tell me about you until a couple days before I moved. Even then, he only said he had a challenge for me. . ."

He store at the window for a second in silence.

"Despite how it sounds, I don't think he wanted to hurt you. On purpose at least. He felt something, that's probably why he did what he did," he said.

Felt something. I doubted it, but then again, he might have. I know at one time, he said he'd marry me in the future. But really people say that all the time, just to get what they want. But, what did he want? Perhaps what he got, nothing. It must've moved on.

"We are almost at our destination," the flight attendant said, "please wait until you are notified to begin getting up, and off the plane."

I stretched out my arms along with half of the others, thinking about how the way back always went faster than going forward.

"Do you want to stop at the hospital before we go home?" Ted asked as he stretched as well.

"That'll be fine, I'm pretty sure he's getting out today anyway."

Out of the blue my ears exploded, letting me know that we had now reached the ground level. The flight attendant finally began dismissing us as soon as the craft came to a stop. As always, I was met by a crowd blocking me from a straight shot trip out of the plane, so I had to wait for a good five minutes.

Our taxi was already at the front when we left, so it wasn't too long before we were officially back home. The same old buildings, bipolar weather, and the boring style houses.