Chapter 24

Closing the book she stretched her body and a yawn escaped from her mouth. She covers her palm and stood up and was about walk back inside the room but stopped when her eyes falls on figure sitting in a garden.

Her eyes widen as she noticed her sister sitting there alone and being so lost. She frowns why was Nandini sitting alone in garden at this time but nevertheless thought it checking on her. She headed inside and grabbing a shawl walks out of the door.

She went straight to kitchen and thought of making something warm to drink for them. Decided to make a cup of strong tea she starts prepping for the tea.

Holding the two cups and wrapping the shawl around her shoulder she walks out of kitchen and headed to the garden where Nandini was.

Sitting beside Nandini and softly calling her name out looks at Nandini who got startled as she wasn't expecting Avni to come there at this late. Her eyes widened as she stares Avni who just smiles in return.

Nandini : you scared me Avni. When did you come? Why haven't you slept? It's very late.

Avni sighs and passed the cup to Nandini and starts sipping her owns looking at the scenery.

Avni : I could ask you the question di. Why haven't you slept? What are you doing out this time?

Nandini looks at Avni while keeping the cup down and wrapping a blanket around her body.

Nandini: I wasn't feeling sleepy. I don't know but I feel so nervous and anxious for tomorrow. I mean I never thought I would feel like this. Tomorrow is my engagement day but it feels so different. I feel like within few months later I will leave my family and this home to start new chapter of my life.

Avni: what should I say about this thoughts di? I haven't experienced this feeling yet but trust me when I go through this experience it will hit me with so many emotions. I couldn't even think or imagine leaving our parents. I feel so proud of you di. You found your love and will be starting new chapter soon but I will miss you so much. I don't want to let you go. I can't believe it you will get married soon di.

Both of them cried as they spoke up about their own feelings. Past few days they have been spending family times together and tired controlling their emotions because they didn't wanted to cry front of their parents who wouldn't be able to control their own tears. They can't watch their parents crying.

Nandini wiping her tears off looks at Avni pulling her hug and comforting her. She wipes Avni's tears off and caressed her softly. Avni also stops crying and wipes Nandini's tears away. Both of them were unknown that their parents watching from their balcony and crying seeing both of them.

Ishita and Raman couldn't sleep and decided to sit in balcony when they spotted of them sitting in a garden. Gent couldn't hear much but didn't take any seconds to understand what was happening.

Ishita wipes her tears and rushed back inside followed by Raman to comfort his wife. He found her sitting on bed and crying. He went to her and pulls her in his embrace. He softly strokes her hair and letting her cry. His own eyes were filled with tears.

Both sisters sitting in the garden laughed, cried and shared their own thoughts. They both stopped laughing and decided to return back inside.

They stood up and taking the cups headed in kitchen and washing the cups wishing goodnight went to their room.

Both family were so busy making the preparations for Manan engagements. Neyonika rushing back to forth making sure all the arrangements were arranged perfectly. She wasn't going to make any mistakes in her elder son's engagements.