Chapter 6

In mangalore.

Nandini sneaks inside the mansion but as she tip toes to the stairs a voice caught her up. Nandini being caught closed her eyes and bitting her lips turns around the find Raman with his serious look staring her.

Raman : where have you been miss Murthy?

Nandini: appa... I went.. out to meet one of my friend...  didn't amma informed you?

Raman :I'm aware of you visiting your friend but may I ask why have arrived home at this time? Do you know what time is right now?

Nandini looks at her watch and found the time past 11. A guilt rushed down her. She looks at Raman.

Nandini: sorry appa.. I didn't realise how the time past away.. I'm really sorry appa.. it won't happen again. 

Raman : i know princess you have grown up but I was concerned about you.. it got me worried not seeing you back home.. luckily it's me who caught you coming home this late. Wonder what will happen if your Amma comes to know?

Nandini: sorry appa..

Raman : it's fine.. did you had your dinner?

Nandini: yes appa I had mine..

Raman : good  girl! Go and catch some sleep. We will talk about this tomorrow morning.

Nandini nodded her head and comes to Raman.

Nandini: goodnight appa.

She kissing his cheek rushed to her back whereas Raman glancing towards Nandini's room also went back to his room.

Nandini took her night clothes and walks to the washroom to get change. Once she was down with the night routine she sat down on the bed with her phone.

She dialled Manik's number not realising what he would be doing there. As she calls him after few ring he declined the call.

Nandini dialling again his again but immediately ended it as she received his message. She opens the message and sighs reading the message which states ' can't talk as I'm on video call with Neil'.

Nandini kept her phone back on side table and Laid on the bed. She pulls the comforter on and closing her eyes slept.

In Delhi!

Avni was wide woke staring the sky sitting in her room balcony. She also munching some snacks. She lost in her thoughts staring the sparkle sky above.

Avni comes out of her thoughts hearing sonal's voice.

Sonal : what are you doing here avni?

Avni : why the hell are you shouting sonal? Speak quietly!

Sonal sat beside avni and took the crisp packet and starts munching ignoring Avni's glares.

Avni : who told you to have my crisp? You can't have them sonal..

Sonal : shut up avni.. Learn to share for god sake...

Avni : I don't share my food girl! By now you should have known.

Sonal : why are you sitting alone here? Shouldn't you be sleeping?

Avni : I couldn't sleep..

Sonal : why is that? I mean normally you would be asleep by now. Did something happen?

Avni : nothing happened... I kind of feel guilty..

Sonal stops eating  and looks at avni.

Sonal : why do you feel guilty?