Chapter Ten: We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals

One thing is for sure, say goodbye to cheesy reader and Five because things are about to get fucked up. Also, this is just the intro for Season 1 so the reader won't be in this, but when she appears I promise it'll be worth it, just wait.

Also, some things are different from the original season because I didn't wanted for my fic to seem lazy writing and make it all the same you know?

Listen to the song above at the end, that's a hint of what's coming ;)

☂︎︎

Years Later

The news spread out like wildfire, and though all the siblings were separated doing their different business far from their home, they all found out almost at the same time.

Eccentric Billionaire and Founder of The Umbrella Academy Reginald Hargreeves found dead.

It was indeed a surprise for every single one of them. That's why they ended up unexpectedly together again.

Vanya stares at the window of the taxi, her mind seems to be miles away as the rain falls down outside. Memories from her childhood flooding her mind, the paintings at the wall and how it changed every time one of them left the academy and Five's painting. It takes no time to arrive at the mansion, she's nervous as she steps out of the taxi and walks the stairs towards the door. She steps inside.

It's just like she remembers, somber and dark not like other houses that radiate warmth and love but she doesn't mind, it's what she is used to anyway. The halls are empty as she walks around. She finds her mom sitting by herself staring at the crackling fire with a distant expression.

"Mom?" she calls, but her attention remains elsewhere.

"Vanya?"

Vanya turns away from her mother to look at Allison "You're actually here" Allison chuckles and Vanya feels completely frozen in her place, "Hey, Allison" she finally replies.

"Hey sis" Allison is approaching her with steady steps, when she reaches the bottom of the stairs Vanya thinks she'll stay there but Allison continues, she hesitates when she almost reaches Vanya but chuckles and pulls her in for a hug. It's awkward but Vanya returns it, closing her eyes for a few seconds and it's over rather quickly.

"What is she doing here?" She knows it's Diego, and immediately looks down in shame "You don't belong here. Not after what you did"

Vanya knew this would happen, and she suddenly regrets going there in the first place.

"You're seriously gonna do this today?" Allison retorts but Diego ignores her, going already upstairs not even glancing their way "Way to dress for the occasion, by the way" she continues, following Diego with her gaze.

"At least I'm wearing black" he answers, once again not looking at them. He disappears.

"You know what? I- Maybe he is right" Vanya says with a slight shake of her head.

"Forget about it" Allison interrupts her "I'm glad you are here" Vanya smiles at this, but it doesn't reach her eyes.

Meanwhile, Luther walks around Reginald's room, where Reginald's body was found. He inspects every corner carefully, trying to find anything suspicious or out of place. Diego looks at him from the doorway he watches Luther checking the windows.

"I can save you some time, they're all locked" Luther turns away from the window to look at Diego "No forced entry, no sign of struggle. Nothing out of the ordinary" he continues and walks inside the room and approaches Luther "Oh, you got big Luther" Luther approaches Diego with a frown, glaring at him "What's the secret? Protein shakes? Low carb?"