Chapter 36: Connection of the Minds

Beladim's POV

We arrived back at the temple, battered and beaten all over, and I forced myself to my feet, but could not. I groaned.

"Guide! Take us to the medical floor, please."

Ashton, who for some reason was perfectly fine, (Jugg healed him), frowned at our 'guest'.

"What about Juggernaut?"

I frowned. Juggernaut sighed.

"If I was going to kill you, why did I fix him and bring your Muse?"

I nodded. "Fair point. Heal him too."

A group of Silhouettes carried us to the medical floor, courtesy of the Guide.

As we were treated, I thought out the mess we had to fix now.

We got Lumen, who still hates me, by the way, Ardor was released, and we picked up the guy who repeatedly tries to kill us and took him to our secret base. Oh, and Mytyl almost died.

"Mu- Um, Beladim."

I looked over at Juggernaut.

"The young girl doesn't have Septima anymore. Can't sense it. And believe me, I know what Septima feels like."

I frowned. It must have been tied to her now powerless Locket. Figures.

I gave him a tired look. "Feel like trying to kill us yet?"

Juggernaut looked contemplative. "No. I'm not sure what to think."

"Do you require mental healing?"

Juggernaut jumped in shock as the Guide spoke.

"What the f-"

I looked pointedly at Mytyl. Juggernaut grit his teeth.

"Why is there a voice coming from nowhere?"

Gunvolt shrugged. "Don't know. It was always there."

The Guide abruptly stopped healing us. "I have insufficient resources to heal all of you."

Juggernaut spoke up. "I have more at my base. I won't kill you, or kidnap the Muse. Again."

I frowned. "I'll be watching you. Take us there."

Juggernaut stood with a groan, and his eyes turned green.

We then vanished in a cloud of data.

Ashton's POV

Heh. Back to Eden, then.

We arrived, and Juggernaut slumped to the ground. A voice spoke up in alarm.

"Why are they here?"

I blinked at the man I saw. "Milas? Weren't you dead?"

Juggernaut spoke up, voice hoarse.

"I revived the adepts here. The dead ones, anyway."

Being as I was the only one not injured, I helped carry them in. Juggernaut looked to Beladim.

"I don't suppose you can open the Garden here?"

Beladim thought. "It's true that it would heal us faster than the Guide... yeah."

As we entered, Juggernaut started laughing. I glanced at him.

"All the times trying to break in here, and now I get in when I don't want to."

As the group began to heal, I exited the Garden area. Gunvolt may have gotten a look when he was undercover here, but I didn't get a chance.

After some exploration, I arrived in the training room. Someone was there.