Chapter 33

Beladim's POV

That done, I continued. "We can't rescue Lumen at this time, but we will."

Gunvolt crossed his arms. "I need to speak with you. Alone."

I nodded. I knew this was coming. "Everyone, follow the glowing floor panels to the healing station. Guide, go with them."

Once everyone headed out, Gunvolt spoke.

"I figured it out by now that you're a Muse. My question is, what are you to Lumen? Fully and truly."

I sighed. "I'm actually....."

Ashton's POV

As we followed the floor, the Guide was talking to us.

"Since Beladim powered the temple, the Healing, Training, and dorm rooms are now available. The Axiom is only open to Beladim, Mytyl, and soon Lumen."

That caught my interest.

"Training? What kind?"

"Septimal, Hand to hand, Weapons, Firearms, etcetera."

I grinned. "Impressive. I can see myself going there."

Gibril too, had a matching gleam in her eyes. "But, why is all this in a temple?"

"The temple itself is only in a specific area. Most of the structure is made into a long term base."

Normal Eliese spoke up calmly. "Are there others like this?"

"Yes, though they aren't as advanced and don't carry as sophisticated Guides."

She nodded in acceptance. We arrived at what appeared to be a medical bay.

"Hold still."

A light scanned our group.

"As the most injured, Eliese aggressive, Gunvolt, and Beladim will go first."

I stood by and watched as mechanical arms lowered from the ceiling. The Guide spoke as it worked.

"Eliese. General exhaustion, and fracture from being thrown at speed into the ground."

Gunvolt chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry about that one. Not my choice."

After it did what it was able, it moved on. "Beladim. Multiple cuts and bruises, four broken bones, electric and burn damage."

Beladim smirked at our astonishment. "You should see the other guy."

The Guide moved on.

"Gunvolt.... everyone else, please clear the room."

Gunvolt seemed as confused as the rest of us. "Uh, I'm fine. I'm not that injured."

But the Guide was stubborn. "Please, I insist."

Gunvolt smiled at us. "Don't worry. I'll just see what it wants."

Gunvolt's POV

I was irritated. "Care to say what that was about?"

The Guide paused. "It appears you have mental damage."

I blinked in confusion. "I don't think so. What do you mean?"

"It appears at certain triggers you enter an extremely focused state. In this state, you perceive anyone that isn't Juggernaut as an enemy."

Right. That. "But that can be solved."

"Only when you are 'killed'. Otherwise, you remain in that state, even if Juggernaut is not present."