Chapter 23

???'s POV, Unknown location.

So. Another Oracle awakened. It'll be good to see how long she lasts.

I calmly looked around at the purple and red flowers that inhabit my Garden. I laughed.

"Well outcast, I broke the barrier for you. You'd better play your part, Zonda. I will conquer your fractured soul...."

Alexandra's POV

It was a long way to travel to get to our hometown. Ashton looked at a particular collapsed building with a wince, then kept on walking.

We entered the forest. Malik spoke up, happiness in his voice.

"I see the forest remains untainted. It was a city, a long time ago. The Garden was its center."

Ashton spoke up. "So how is ranking, with your kind?"

Malik responded. "First, there are the Three Masters, creators of the Gardens."

"Then you get Watchers like me, guides of the Oracles."

"Lastly, the Familiars, devoted adepts that follow an Oracle."

I turned to Malik. "Any of them you know by name?"

Malik nodded. "Yes. The old man you saw, he's the Master of Balance, Jonathan."

"The Oracles are you, Zonda, (he said her name with a scoff) and Zander."

"The Master of the Garden of Sin, is Ardor."

"The Watchers are Oracles that have finished their duty, and become guides."

We arrived at those old stone doors once again. There were two men in robes like Malik's guarding it.

They let us through as we passed. Inside, was Jonathan, standing in the same place as before. He smiled at me.

"Alexandra, come over here."

I nodded, moving so that I was in front of him.

"Do you, Alexandra, swear to be a person of Balance, not starting conflict nor ending it, becoming the middle ground?"

"I do."

"Do you swear not to align yourself with any one side, Sumeragi or other wise?"

I hesitated. If I didn't, Nova would hurt people. But with Balance...

"I do."

"And do you swear to guard this Garden, and the secrets therein?"

"I do."

Jonathan smiled. "Then as my title of Master, I call you Oracle of Balance."

Malik rose. "And now, we must hold council."

Jonathan nodded, pointing his staff, causing a mirror to appear. We went through.

???#2's POV

So, Jonathan is asking for counsel? It's been a long while since I left the Mirror Realm. I entered my Garden for the first time in ages, and immediately froze.

Something is wrong. There is a taint here... "Oracle Zonda? Are you here?"

What has happened to Eden? Since I arrived in the Garden, the door opened, as normal. I began to look around.

I would've cursed if I wasn't Master of Harmony. Looks like it's that time again...

Juggernaut's POV

I jumped out of bed running. The freakin Garden unlocked again!

I slowed my pace as I walked into the Garden. There was someone in there!