Chapter 12

Kyle's (GV's roommate) POV

I was interrupted from my meditation (He does that.) By my door being pushed open, Gibril entering, Gunvolt clumsily following. I saw his grey eyes. I rounded on Gibril.

"Why did you do this?"

"He was gonna die, okay!? Can you do your light show and fix him?"

I sighed, preparing my Septima. "Why am I the only one who isn't mental..." I muttered to myself.  "Return to life!" Gunvolt jerked, eyes returning to normal. He then set a murderous glare on Gibril, who was slowly backing out the door.

He was going to chase her, but I stopped him, closing the door. I smirked. "How did it go?" Gunvolt sighed. "We got it done. swordsman eliminated."

My eyes widened, then I groaned. "I'm never taking that hot blooded girl on a capture mission again."

Gunvolt looked at me in disbelief, "You mean-" I nodded. "Yup. You failed. At least it isn't your fault."

"So much for trust...." Gunvolt said in resignation. He then glanced around the room. When he was done, I said, "Learn anything? They can't hear you in here."

He gave a thoughtful nod. "I got what you meant about them not being brainwashed. With a little time, I can get Desna to help, instead of side lining."

"Sounds promising. I'll give you another hint." He perked up, knowing I was right last time. "Never turn down a conversation." He pouted.

"Can you be less cryptic?"

"Where's the fun in that? You should be okay. Send Shadow in here."

He looked confused. "Why?"

I smiled. "If you didn't notice, I healed you while we talked. I'm the doc here."

He nodded, exiting the room. Shadow entered, a troubled look on his face. I knew that look.

"Your head again?" He nodded, slumping in the chair. I continued, "You know why this is happening. Why do you do this?"

He went silent. "It gives me more power. And revenge on a certain someone." I nodded knowingly.

"He saved me because of you." He grimaced.

"Don't remind me what I did to you." I shook my head, smiling.

"I forgave you for that. You shouldn't hold a grudge."

He stiffened. "Just get it over with. Make it so I'm not crazy for a while, and don't lose it yourself."

I gave him a look. "I'm the doctor, not you. And secondly, you know this will only suppress it? You can stop the pain whenever you want."

He nodded silently. He turned to me, smiling. "Don't like, kill me on accident, okay?" I grinned back.

"Shadow my friend, if I kill you, it will be because of your attitude."

He smiled. "Here we go....!"

Gunvolt's POV

I swear.... first I fight Zombies, then become one!? I have the worst luck. I arrived at Desna's door. She was quietly sitting there, same as before.

"Heard you had a rough day." I chuckled, sitting across from her. "I did, but that isn't why I'm here. When I was using the Septima book, before I blacked out, my Septima... fought my command."

She adopted a contemplative look. "It may have been because of Zonda's work."

I gave her a dead serious look. "I need you to answer something." She nodded, prompting me to speak. I did.