Chapter 29: Battle

Asimov's POV, next day.

The headquarters was busier than ever before as we prepared the attack. True to his word, GV got Ashton to come and speak to me. I don't think it's going to go well.

Ashton laughed at me. "You really think she's going to help you after you brainwashed her? I know I'm not helping you. But, you can ask her yourself. She's on the way."

I growled angrily. "I'm not sure how either of you know that, but I will talk to her."

I looked up as the door opened. There she is.

Alexandra's POV

The very first thing I wanted to do when I saw Asimov was slap him. But, I couldn't. It isn't very balanced to attack someone. I walked up to him calmly.

"I can't help you."

Asimov nodded as if he expected my response. "I probably know the answer, but may I ask why?"

I tried my best not to hit him. "My current status doesn't allow me to. I can't pick sides."

Asimov gave me a sigh. I spoke up.

"Maybe another Oracle can help you. I cam talk to them?"

Asimov looked visibly suprised. "Why would you help me?"

I glared at him. "I'm not helping you. I'm helping actual, good human beings."

I spun on my heel, using my Septima to open the Mirror. I smirked at Ashton. "Be right back."

Once inside, I headed to the Meeting hall, touching the mirrors to let them know I needed to speak to them.

Ardor chuckled as he saw me. "Didn't kill him, did you? I wouldn't blame you."

I shook my head. "No, he's unhurt. I want to help them bring down the fortress again, but I'm not allowed to. Can any others help them?"

Ardor spoke up. "Zander hasn't had a mission in a while. I vote him."

Jonathan nodded. "That is acceptable. I will send him in."

Good. My part's done.

Zander's POV

I groaned as my wristband beeped at me. Nova gave me a curious look. I glanced at him.

"Work. Gotta go."

I smiled, hugging him. "Good luck with the Muse!"

I headed into the Mirror, going to Ardor's chamber.

"So. What's the mission?"

Ardor grinned. "You have to help Quill."

I immediately gave him a shocked look.

"Huh. Thought they were too proud to ask. How am I helping?"

"Use your Septima to bring the fortress down, like Alexandra did."

I nodded, then paused. "I saw Nova."

Ardor smiled. "How's my youngest doing?"

I chuckled. "Decently. I did hinder him a bit. Got info, though!"

"What info?"

I shrugged. "What I got wasn't much. But it led me to something greater."

Ardor nodded. "Good. You're not up to my level of guile, but you're getting there. Good luck with the mission, my boy."

I nodded. "I'll do my best not to accidentally kill someone. This time."

And so, I headed to Quill headquarters.