Chapter 31

Gunvolt's POV

As we arrived at the apartment, I got the feeling that Ashton knew whatever Beladim isn't telling me. Kinda irritated about that, by the way.

But, I put that all aside when I saw Joule and Mytyl.

"Welcome back, GV!"

I ran over and bear hugged her as Ashton smirked. "Your daughter needs to breathe, Gunvolt."

I shook my head. "No. My daughter can breathe later."

As I stopped hugging the life out of Joule, I sighed. Lumen better know what she's doing.

I heard an amused voice behind me. "Well, hello there."

I turned around to see Mytyl looking at Beladim with a disbelieving expression.

"Y- you're not dead...."

Beladim grinned. "Nope. Though, you're probably the wrong one to know that."

Mytyl frowned. "No, I definitely know you! You're my-"

Beladim gently put a hand over her mouth, annoying Mytyl and angering Joule.

Ashton spoke up. "If you're done observing the new guy, take notice that Lumen's here too."

As Joule hugged Lumen and Mytyl calmly walked over, Beladim walked over to us. "I guess it's Mytyl with the memories then."

I gave him a hard look. "If getting the memories back to Lumen will hurt Mytyl, you can forget about it."

Beladim looked at me. "If you could get him here, Zander could do it painlessly."

Ashton, being our representative for the Keepers, walked out to request his help. I turned to Beladim.

"Don't suppose you have bad blood with their Order?"

A very dark look appeared on his face. "No kidding. We saved them, and for what? Exile?"

He then turned to me angrily. "Stop. Doing. That."

I smiled. "Don't keep secrets, then."

I decided to see what else I could get. "How long ago was this exile?"

Beladim laughed. "Yeah, no. You can't handle that. Besides, once Lumen remembers I'll tell you guys anyway."

I was getting frustrated again. "Oh, come on! All I'm asking for is how long ago! That isn't even sensitive info!"

Beladim frowned. "For us, it is."

That gave me an idea. "I'll just ask Mytyl, then."

Fear appeared in his eyes. I grinned.

"Can't you wait a day!?"

I huffed. "Fine. Only a day!"

Then what he said caught up to me. "I guess you need to stay here to do that?"

Beladim nodded. "I just need a day to prepare, and for Zander to arrive."

I nodded calmly. Maybe I should buy the next door apartment.

Zander's POV

I can't freakin believe this. How the hell is he alive!?

I stomped into Ardor, my father's, office. He saw my expression.

"What's bothering you, my boy?"

I sighed, and said the words I feared the most. "Beladim is alive."

Ardor practically jumped out of his chair in resentment. "You'd think sealing him in the netherworld would kill the man."

I sighed. "Apparently not. He's also on a quest to restore Lumen's memory."