Jotaro x reader - You Belong With Me

(Y/n)

You're on the phone with your girlfriend. She's going on about something that you said because she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I sat on my bed watching my best friend, Jotaro, argue with his girlfriend over the phone. He was in his house, right beside mine. Frustrated he hung up and plopped down on his bed. I took the notepad I kept nearby and wrote on it.

'Are You Okay?'

He looked over at me. Picking up his own notepad, he wrote down a reply. 

'Tired of the Drama'

Both of us smirked and I wrote down a new message.

'Sorry 😢'

He shrugged and I had a sudden idea. Quickly scribbling down on the paper, I looked up to see his curtains close. I sighed and held up the unread sign.

'I love you'

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night. I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like. And she'll never know your story like I do.

Sighing, I started playing music on my phone. 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift. I began dancing and singing to the song. Spinning and bopping around and having a blast. Jotaro suddenly opens the curtains a little, looking over at me while I'm dancing. Suddenly, I slip on the carpet and fall down. I get up, both of us laughing.

She wears short skirts and I wear t-shirt. She's cheer Capitan and I'm on the bleachers, dreaming of the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

I continued dancing as the minutes passed

If you can see that I'm the one who understands you. Been here all the time why can't you see...

He closed the curtains.

You Belong With me.

I flop into the bed sadly.

You Belong With me.

(The next day)

I was sitting on a bench outside of the school, going over my notes for an upcoming quiz. I had a lot of time before school started. "(Y/n)!" I turned to see Jotaro walking over the men in his uniform. I smiled and made room for him.

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeans, I can't help help but think this is how it ought to be. Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself, 'Hey isn't this easy?'

"Morning, Joot! Feeling better?" He nodded and smiled at me. "After seeing your little performance, I went to bed with a smile, ya goofball." He ruffled my hair making me laugh. "I wish she wouldn't be such a... Jerk... About every single thing." He said sadly, his smile disappeared from his face when she pulled up in her shiny red car. 

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town. Haven't seen it since I'm a while since she brought you down. You say you're fine, I know you better than that. Hey, What you doing with a girl like that?

"Guess that's my ride. See you later, (Y/n)." He climbs into the vehicle and his girlfriend kisses him on the lips, smirking at me when she looks passed him. I sadly wave goodbye as they drive off. His sad smile is visible as he leaves.

Cause she wears high heels, I wear sneakers. She's cheer Capitan and I'm on the bleachers, dreaming of the day when you wake up and find that what you've been looking for has been here the whole time.

As the day progressed I was disgusted with the cocky looks she would give me when I couldn't talk to Jotaro. She was always watching and nearby, like a hawk getting ready to kill its prey. He was always surrounded by girls, but now it felt worse since she came around. I Miss my friend so much.